P.J. Fleck on Gophers/Iowa week: ‘I do like bacon, extra crispy’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"We educate them on what is the right fair catch signals and what the points mean and what the getaway signals mean and all those valid and invalid fair catch signals. We educate them on all that," Fleck said.

With it being Iowa week, many within the Gophers program and those close to it will be getting their fix of bacon this week. Radio analyst Darrell Thompson has it every day. Does Fleck include it in his nutrition plan for the week or will he do anything special?

"Just prepare. I do like bacon, extra crispy though. Don’t like anything that’s soggy about the bacon. Extra, extra crispy bacon. We’ll have some certain things we do traditionally inside the program, but we’ve got a football game to win," Fleck said. "You look back to high school and you had Homecoming and prom, those are huge games. Usually you put your rivals on those two games. I wasn’t responsible for decorating the gym or picking the music, our responsibility is to go out and play a really good game and go win the game."

Go Gophers!!

I agree with Fleck that it's a huge game and their focus should be on football. However, bacon should have a bend to it.

Depends on the bacon.

Thin stuff, crispy. Special thick stuff. I think you can more easily achieve a good balance between the two.

I think some smoked bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are on the docket for Saturday. Thin is the best on those. Any high quality recommendations?

My favorite bacon in MN is a tie between Raspberry Chipotle bacon from Schmidt's Meats in Nicollet and Sweet Sunrise bacon from Greg's Meats in Hampton. A lot of good options out there.

Iowa has a bacon reputation, but we have some damn good stuff on this side of the border too.

I really hope he is eating his Wheaties as well. If we settle for FGs again like we did last year in this game, it is going to come back to bite us. I love Dragan Kesich, but we need to stop forcing him to kick 50+ yard FGs when we need one or two yards on 4th down.

Top Bottom