P.J. Fleck: Gophers RB Mo Ibrahim is ‘one of the best players in college football,’ and 2021 workload will be a lot

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

“He’s one of the best players in college football, and you want him to continue to be one of the best players in college football,” Fleck said. “He’s what makes your team really good, and your best players when they’re on the field make you better. So, he’s going to play.”

Go Gophers!!

PJ is not big on resting guys, RBs, QBs, anyone so Mo getting plays isn't a concern for me for sure.

PJ is not big on resting guys, RBs, QBs, anyone so Mo getting plays isn't a concern for me for sure.
Mo has proven to be very durable over the course of his career. I would like to see some of the other backs take a little bit of the workload off him so that he can stay fresh and punish teams all game.

That said, he has been awesome when he has been asked to be the guy and there is no reason why 2021 should be any different.

Mo needs 1,800 yards and 9 TD to catch DT on the All Time RB leader board. He has a shot to catch him in both with a full season of good health. Had he been the feature back in 2019 as opposed to sharing the load with Rodney and Shannon he would be looking at re-writing the rushing record book this season which is quite a feat considering some of the RB we have had over the years.

So excited to see what he can do. He is a major weapon and with a very experienced O-Line in front of him the sky is the limit in 2021.

Mo has proven to be very durable over the course of his career. I would like to see some of the other backs take a little bit of the workload off him so that he can stay fresh and punish teams all game.

That said, he has been awesome when he has been asked to be the guy and there is no reason why 2021 should be any different.

Mo needs 1,800 yards and 9 TD to catch DT on the All Time RB leader board. He has a shot to catch him in both with a full season of good health. Had he been the feature back in 2019 as opposed to sharing the load with Rodney and Shannon he would be looking at re-writing the rushing record book this season which is quite a feat considering some of the RB we have had over the years.

So excited to see what he can do. He is a major weapon and with a very experienced O-Line in front of him the sky is the limit in 2021.
Often at games I'm thinking "ok time to take Tanner out" or Mo or someone ... but it doesn't seem to be a PJ thing.

Often at games I'm thinking "ok time to take Tanner out" or Mo or someone ... but it doesn't seem to be a PJ thing.

Well he's one of our best players and makes us better when he's on the field.....so he's going to play!

Story mentions trying to pick spots to get him rest and use the other guys. There is zero doubt he is the #1 guy but hopefully we get into some blowout situations (the good kind) where we can take some hits off him and let the young guys gain experience.

We know Fleck isn't going to rotate QBs but I think RB would be a little different story.

PJ has shown more willingness to rotate RBs than QBs. Plus with this being Mo's last season they need start start identifying who fills his spot.

I expect to see some more RB rotation early in games, and in any blowout situation (for or against us).

If you can get Mo off the field for 4 or 5 plays every quarter, that is 12 or 15 less plays when the 4th Qtr rolls around.

The 4th Qtr has to be "Mo Time." get a lead, and then just feed the beast. the play call is "Mo runs behind Big Dan." every single time. a nice 12-play drive with Mo carrying the ball 12 straight times.
cut the heart out of the opponents. establish your will. grind them into dust and send them home crying.

If Mo can go for 2,000 yards, he could be the top non-QB in the Heisman voting.

It is obvious that some posters do not have a clue how difficult it is for a BIG TB to gain thousand yards in a season.
I presume the speculation about him gaining 1800 to 2000 yards is fantasy.

It is obvious that some posters do not have a clue how difficult it is for a BIG TB to gain thousand yards in a season.
Cobb ran for 1600. If Ibrahim stays healthy, 1800 is entirely possible.

In just 7 games he had nearly 1100 yards last year or an avg of 150 plus per game. If he plays 13 games this year and just matches that clip he's approaching 2000 yards.

In just 7 games he had nearly 1100 yards last year or an avg of 150 plus per game. If he plays 13 games this year and just matches that clip he's approaching 2000 yards.
You would think of all people Plato would know 2k is possible. Or maybe he only thinks his Badger backs can do it.
1,800 or 2,000 yards would be one hell of a season but Mo seems like the type who could potentially pull it off. He was on that kind of pace in 2020 and that was with no non-conf opponents to pad stats against.

SandyOddballIberiannase-max-1mb.gif

If PJ thinks Mo is in Heisman contention, he'll be on the field in a 42-7 blowout. No doubt in my mind.

Heisman mention would be good pub for the program. But there's always that danger of a knee injury when you do that.

If PJ thinks Mo is in Heisman contention, he'll be on the field in a 42-7 blowout. No doubt in my mind.

Heisman mention would be good pub for the program. But there's always that danger of a knee injury when you do that.

Mo will not be in the game when they are up 42-7 against Miami-OH because he will have already run for 250 and 3 TDs.

And that was with a makeshift offensive line

Mo will not be in the game when they are up 42-7 against Miami-OH because he will have already run for 250 and 3 TDs.
You sure about that or any other game that's a blowout?

He was in the game when we trailed Iowa 35-0 with two minutes left last season.

If I was playing college fantasy football I would pick Mo very high. Volume and goal line carries on a good team with a strong OL. Seth Green left. If he stays healthy he should have the best statistical season by a RB in school history.

I hope they don't overload Mo. I'd like to see what some of the other young athletes can do at RB.

Top Bottom