Overall recruiting appeal: A look at the Big Ten West in 2017 (MN: Big city, Fleck)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Minnesota. This school can sell something few other Big Ten programs can: A big city, urban environment. With that comes nice opportunities for jobs/internships, not to mention a totally different vibe from, say, Champaign or West Lafayette. Another thing no other Big Ten program has: P.J. Fleck. There is tradition, too. Oh boy, is there tradition. But you have to go deep into the archives to dig it out. The program has a nice on-campus stadium and they are finally investing in facilities. This place had some of the worst in the Big Ten, so the upgrade is needed in what should be a beaut of an athletic village.

http://btn.com/2017/01/30/overall-recruiting-appeal-a-look-at-the-big-ten-west-in-2017/

Go Gophers!!

per BTN:

Minnesota. This school can sell something few other Big Ten programs can: A big city, urban environment. With that comes nice opportunities for jobs/internships, not to mention a totally different vibe from, say, Champaign or West Lafayette.

I mean that is nice and all.

I think it should matter.

But let's face it.... it hasn't really mattered before.

I think as schools improve folks like to point to a lot of things that you think would matter, but really don't.

Top Bottom