Update: Outback Bowl now Tampa Bay Bowl now ReliaQuest Bowl

Penn State had the last one, but the Gophs had the best one.

The Outback Bowl was one of the few bowl game where the sponsor's name didn't really stick out like a sore thumb for whatever reason.

Still amazes me how many companies are willing to shell out for the bowl games but I guess the free advertising on ESPN's website must have some value to them.

They’ll find a sponsor in the next few months.
From the history of the other local bowl fka MagicJack Bowl, Beef O Brady Bowl, and Bad Boy Mowers Bowl, I'm sure it will be a doozy.

Maybe it will be the Scientology Bowl. Apparently Clearwater is the high holy city of Scientology.

It started out as the Hall of Fame Bowl. Then the Outback Bowl. Interesting to see what it is next.

The Citrus Bowl in Orlando has a unique naming history, too. It started as the Tangerine Bowl, switched to the Citrus Bowl, then was the Capital One Bowl for awhile, then the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl for a couple years (when MN played there), now back to the Citrus Bowl.

Tampa Bowl is the best marketing for the bowl. Surprised that more Cities/Metro areas don't take on the name of the bowl or at least have City name in the title.

I'll still want the Gophers to play in that bowl.
Why wouldn't you? We want the Vikings South Tampa Bay Bucs to have front-row seats live evaluation. They seem to like PJ Fleck's NFL Developmental Program.

Wouldn't it be something for recruiting if the Gophers consistently have three or four players get drafted each year? You know that the Gophers are getting noticed more by quality recruits.

Last edited:

Top Bottom