Our meaningless RPI update for Nov. 15

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Fresh off its 57-41 stifling of Northern Iowa, St. Mary's sits at #1 in the RPI with a 1-0 record.

Gophers are tied at #17 with 13 other teams, among them Cal, Nebraska (a winner in OT @ USC last night), Syracuse and Texas A&M.

Fresh off its 57-41 stifling of Northern Iowa, St. Mary's sits at #1 in the RPI with a 1-0 record.

Gophers are tied at #17 with 13 other teams, among them Cal, Nebraska (a winner in OT @ USC last night), Syracuse and Texas A&M.

As you said, this is pretty meaningless, but how does it work that Cleveland State, who beat Vanderbilt, wouldn't be ahead of them? It would seem that they probably have the highest quality win of anyone in DI. Also, why is it that a 1-0 team is ahead of teams that are 2-0? I would have to think there are teams with more and better quality wins than that. Just curious as to how a conclusion like this was come to.

I don't pay serious attention to the RPI until about the 4th week of December. Until then it's all for sh*ts and giggles. I just kind of like watching it take shape.

I don't pay serious attention to the RPI until about the 4th week of December. Until then it's all for sh*ts and giggles. I just kind of like watching it take shape.

and then (in bold), when SS starts getting serious, it is the real $hit. :)

Top Bottom