Our losses are to #13 & #21 in 1st BCS Poll

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
The first BCS ratings came out today. Here are our 3 losses:

#13 Penn State
#21 Wisconsin
NR California (although they are #35 in the current AP Poll and could eventually move into the BCS with some quality wins)

Not making excuses, but at least we've lost to some high caliber teams.

That's great Mason!!

In order to be a "high caliber team" we need to beat high caliber teams...

The first BCS ratings came out today. Here are our 3 losses:

#13 Penn State
#21 Wisconsin
NR California (although they are #35 in the current AP Poll and could eventually move into the BCS with some quality wins)

Not making excuses, but at least we've lost to some high caliber teams.

Doesn't matter. Program in a shambles. Brew and Fisch in over their heads. Weber, OL, DBs are inept. Gray must be terrible or he'd be playing now. Sky is falling.

I knew I'd take heat for posting this thread. The fact is that people on this board are basically saying that we're the worst team ever. I was very disappointed in the offense yesterday but...

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING

(yet, anyway)

If, at the end of the year, all our losses are to teams that are ranked and we beat all of the teams who aren't ranked, I will feel "satisfied." That doesn't mean I'll be excited or overwhelmed, etc. Just "satisfied."

I knew I'd take heat for posting this thread. The fact is that people on this board are basically saying that we're the worst team ever. I was very disappointed in the offense yesterday but...

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING

(yet, anyway)

If, at the end of the year, all our losses are to teams that are ranked and we beat all of the teams who aren't ranked, I will feel "satisfied." That doesn't mean I'll be excited or overwhelmed, etc. Just "satisfied."

I agree with you. I was just covering all of the negative themes in my previous post in an attempt to deter the bloodletting gang from jumping on this thread.

Yeah, we looked very, very poor on offense yesterday. But it's absurd to believe we're not occasionally going to have bad games, particularly against the better teams on our schedule.

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. It's hard to tell these days.

What we have to remember is that the team IS getting better. Two years ago we lost to everybody. Last year we won a few, lost a few, got blown out in a few. This year we are winning the games we are supposed to and keeping the other games somewhat close.

Anyone who says that our team isn't getting better is not looking at the entire picture. A team doesn't come together in a year. We can't just snap our fingers and magically turn into a top 25 team.

Fact is, we beat Penn State and they are nowhere near the top 25 - maybe not even top 50.

Top Bottom