Ouch: NYTimes Expose on Neuheisel, et al.

This link was posted on Oct 22 on the NYT website...

"(Neuheisel) refused to discipline or even substantially bench the linebacker Jeremiah Pharms, who he knew was in trouble with the law, or the superstar tight end Jerramy Stevens, who was accused of raping a sorority girl (no charges were filed)."

And not even 24 hours...

"Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Jerramy Stevens will not play Sunday after he was arrested Saturday night for possession of cannabis with intent to sell, possession of cannabis, and possession of drug paraphernalia. The first two charges are felonies, while the last one is a misdemeanor."

I guess some people never charge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5722905&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

We've already sold our soul to the devil once with Clem H., will we do it again with our new FB coach?

Most can handle the truth.

The reality of the truth and its impact on the athletics that we all love is where things go sideways....

Something needs to happen in NCAA sports to ensure ALL schools have standards that are the same - entrance, majors, penalties for transgressions.

No doubt the U would react TOTALLY different than a whole host of schools.

I've read most of the stuff on the Seattle Times site about this story. It's pretty fascinating stuff and about as nasty as I've read about corruption in a football program.

Top Bottom