Oturu rebound padding

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
I want Oturu to be our all time leading rebounder as much as anyone, but man... has anyone else noticed the blatant rebound padding that is happening? I’m counting 1-2 undeserved rebounds per game that he’s getting credit for.

Tonight’s example: Fast break. Carr passes down the lane to Oturu for a layup that he makes. Daniel gets credited with his 12th rebound.

I want Oturu to be our all time leading rebounder as much as anyone, but man... has anyone else noticed the blatant rebound padding that is happening? I’m counting 1-2 undeserved rebounds per game that he’s getting credit for.

Tonight’s example: Fast break. Carr passes down the lane to Oturu for a layup that he makes. Daniel gets credited with his 12th rebound.

Weird flex, but ok...

Daniel is one the least selfish kids you'll find. This is ridiculous. Surprised I even opened this thread.

wut

OP is either lying or just plain dumb. I counted precisely 14 rebounds by Oturu tonight. No more, no less.

Brutal original post. Change your best.

scorer could just be a little late in adding a Rebound from the other end. I seen many times where the scores change what seem like minutes after a basket.

Dude must've just been late updating stats on board. Usually they are pretty quick. Apparently not always.

stats are as good - or as bad - as the person keeping them. at the HS level, you see kids keeping stats who literally don't know the rules. Interestingly, more HS's in my area send in their game film to some service that breaks down the stats and provides them with a report.

I hope the stat people at the college level are more accurate. But there can still be differences of opinion on things like assists, or giving individual rebounds versus team rebounds.

stats are as good - or as bad - as the person keeping them. at the HS level, you see kids keeping stats who literally don't know the rules. Interestingly, more HS's in my area send in their game film to some service that breaks down the stats and provides them with a report.

I hope the stat people at the college level are more accurate. But there can still be differences of opinion on things like assists, or giving individual rebounds versus team rebounds.

I'm fairly sure the Gopher stat guys are the same guys who do the Timberwolves stats, so they are highly-trained..

I know a bunch of guys named Bruce. Only a couple of them aren't nutty.

Top Bottom