Otomewo makes it official

Hopefully he can turn some heads at the senior bowl and set himself up for a good outcome in the draft.

Would have been great to have him back, but like Mafe is a super easy guy to root for and hope he tears it up in the NFL.

This guy turned himself into an NFL player and was a big part of a lot of our success the last few years. He'll be missed much more than would appear just by looking at the stats.

My personal favorite:

Definitely. Doesn’t get as much attention as Mafe but probably should.

Class act that reprented himself, the school, and football team well. Best of luck to him in whatever comes next.

This is ALL class, and speaks volumes about the current condition of our football program here at the "U".

Building more than just football players.
I challenge anyone to come up with something negative character wise to say about Andries, Faalele, Durr, Big O, Mafe, Olson..... all good to great football players and also good to great young men as well by all accounts. We have started to take that for granted around here and we shouldn't because it is not the norm.

Best of life to him as he is a classy guy! Earn your millions!

Big O (and Mafe) were a big part of our defensive dominance this year. We have some great young talent at DE, but I really have to wonder what caused MJ Anderson to move on after the Indiana game. With both these ends gone to the NFL, Anderson would have played a lot of downs next year. Must have been something other than depth chart frustration. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We'll see if PJ is really getting those better recruits each year. They have some big shoes to fill!

Potential for 2 DEs and 2 OTs drafted this year. Will be interesting to see where everything drops

I challenge anyone to come up with something negative character wise to say about Andries, Faalele, Durr, Big O, Mafe, Olson..... all good to great football players and also good to great young men as well by all accounts. We have started to take that for granted around here and we shouldn't because it is not the norm.
They will all be just fine thanks to the Gopher Football Program. There is a strong likelihood of another year with multiple Gophers drafted.

I know one person who is happy Esezi Otomewo is leaving - Bryce Benhart. Those were classic moments in 2020 and 2021 when Big O tossed Benhart around like a rag doll.

Much love and respect. A joy to watch play and I hope he kills it at the next level.

I'll even cheer quietly if he ends up wearing green and gold. The Vikings unsurprisingly crapped their pants tonight, but was happy for De'Vondre Campbell being a stud on their defense.

Top Bottom