Other than Wisconsin or Iowa

Reaction score
Other than Wisconsin or Iowa, who would you most like to see Yahoo Sports investigate next? I would think seeing those guys renting hotel rooms in your town would make any athletic director lose sleep.

After Wisconsin and Iowa, I would most like to see them investigate:

Oregon FB
Auburn FB
Alabama FB
Kentucky BB

Bust most of all, I would like to see them take down Duke BB. Something about Coach K and his holier than thou attitude has always bugged me.

OSU Basketball (You can't tell me the basketball players weren't doing it too ...)
Texas Football (I wonder if it would all air on the Longhorn Network?)

Auburn = Cam Newton?????

Heck, lets just roll with the entire SEC. I hate how cocky and arrogant their fanbases are. You cannot tell me those schools do not cheat Miami style. The NCAA is so bad when it comes to the SEC a player from Alabama flat out said he got paid to go to the school, got paid to play big during rival games, and the SEC did nothing about it.

Notre Dame
And then the NDSU Bison - There's just no way all these highly recruited players passed up schollys at all of those BCS schools without some funny business.

Other than Wisconsin or Iowa, who would you most like to see Yahoo Sports investigate next? I would think seeing those guys renting hotel rooms in your town would make any athletic director lose sleep.

After Wisconsin and Iowa, I would most like to see them investigate:

Oregon FB
Auburn FB
Alabama FB
Kentucky BB

Bust most of all, I would like to see them take down Duke BB. Something about Coach K and his holier than thou attitude has always bugged me.

Iowa and Wisconsin are not nearly significant or relevant enough to warrant the type of investigation or scrutiny of programs like Miami football, OSU football, Michigan football, Kentucky basketball, North Carolina basketball, etc.

Nobody cares...

Notre Dame
And then the NDSU Bison - There's just no way all these highly recruited players passed up schollys at all of those BCS schools without some funny business.

Some of those recruits accepted a scholarship offer at NDSU instead of a "buy one get one free" coupon from Arby's that someone found on the street corner at a BCS school. That's suspicious.

Iowa and Wisconsin are not nearly significant or relevant enough to warrant the type of investigation or scrutiny of programs like Miami football, OSU football, Michigan football, Kentucky basketball, North Carolina basketball, etc.

Nobody cares...

It's pretty silly to think there is any real cheating going on at UW or Iowa. Why in the world would you cheat, or have to resort to cheating, to bring in a recruiting class that ranks in the mid 30's most years? If you are going to cheat, you're going to go after the best players available, like Miami, FSU, USC, OSU, etc.

The only schools in the Big 10 that I would suspect of anything improper would be OSU and Michigan.

I was thinking about this while reading the Yahoo Miami article, and I don't think I could wish what their fans are about to go through on anyone. I can't imagine how much it would suck if we got hit with the kind of program-destroying sanctions Miami might see, primarily for the thousands of fans and people like myself who make the team a focal point of their social life/free time.
I dislike plenty of Wisconsin and Iowa fans, not to mention quite a few other schools/fanbases (including Miami) but a lot of innocent fans get royally screwed when this kind of stuff goes down. Not to mention the hit college football in general takes (and I'm a Gopher fan first, a college football fan second. Public perception of the game is already in bad enough shape.)

Additionally, I'd hate to be down a rival. I'd much rather beat wi by one point in the B1G championship game than I would to destroy a decimated and irrelevant badger squad that wouldn't be eligible for a bowl anyway.

Hands down.... UND Hockey.

I also would love to see a league-wide investigation of the SEC.

Runners-up: Texas FB (too greedy), Purdue Pete (too creepy), wisky Marching Band (too molesty), BYU (too Mormony), Murfreesboro TN (too hot), Penn St volleyball (too good).

1. OSU football (there's a hell of a lot more going on than THAT)
2. OSU basketball (seriously, NO WAY is THAT program where it is without some major shenanigans)
3. Steroid (and other performance enhancing drug) use in mens' D1 sports (it's almost certainly rampant) - probably would take down most of the huge football programs, maybe basketball as well, if not baseball or others.
4. Oregon football
5. Kentucky basketball and Calipari, in general
6. SEC football, in general, but mostly Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, maybe Tennessee
7. Florida State football (oops, but Bobby Bowden left)
8. BYU, all sports (that they could recruit any quality D1 athlete legally is nearly impossible)
9. Iowa, all sports (see BYU, above)
10. UMinn hockey (they can't possibly be that bad, legally)

Hands down.... UND Hockey.

I also would love to see a league-wide investigation of the SEC.

Runners-up: Texas FB (too greedy), Purdue Pete (too creepy), wisky Marching Band (too molesty), BYU (too Mormony), Murfreesboro TN (too humid and hot), Penn St volleyball (too good).

There fixed it for you. :D

I was thinking about this while reading the Yahoo Miami article, and I don't think I could wish what their fans are about to go through on anyone. I can't imagine how much it would suck if we got hit with the kind of program-destroying sanctions Miami might see, primarily for the thousands of fans and people like myself who make the team a focal point of their social life/free time.
I dislike plenty of Wisconsin and Iowa fans, not to mention quite a few other schools/fanbases (including Miami) but a lot of innocent fans get royally screwed when this kind of stuff goes down. Not to mention the hit college football in general takes (and I'm a Gopher fan first, a college football fan second. Public perception of the game is already in bad enough shape.)
Additionally, I'd hate to be down a rival. I'd much rather beat wi by one point in the B1G championship game than I would to destroy a decimated and irrelevant badger squad that wouldn't be eligible for a bowl anyway.
+1
I'm really discouraged by the way college athletics are turning, where multiple teams per year are now on probation or worse. The face of college athletics is changing right before our eyes, and it may completely change the way everything is operated.

Yep, UND hockey, though I suspect they're a little cleaner than they were back in the 80's when the whole squad was semi-literate Canadians looking to get into the NHL.

Top Bottom