Other B1G Conference Matches 2023

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
While Iowa and Minnesota begin the B1G season on Thursday, the remainder of the conference hits the courts on Wednesday and Friday.

Wednesday:
Rutgers @ Penn State
Illinois @ Indiana

Friday:
Ohio State @ Nebraska
Purdue @ Maryland
Michigan State @ Michigan
Wisconsin @ Northwestern

Watching Penn State/Illinois match. What's up with Penn State's Sleeve socks on the arm? All of their players are wearing them (vs some wearing long sleeves or no sleeves at all). It looks a bit weird. Are all players required to wear them? The basketball tank top with bare shoulders down to the elbow just looks odd to me. Not sure if I've seen other teams with this look.

Watching Penn State/Illinois match. What's up with Penn State's Sleeve socks on the arm? All of their players are wearing them (vs some wearing long sleeves or no sleeves at all). It looks a bit weird. Are all players required to wear them? The basketball tank top with bare shoulders down to the elbow just looks odd to me. Not sure if I've seen other teams with this look.

Most teams, including the Gophers, have that uniform option. I think it has been an option for a couple of years

If a team chooses that uniform for the match, do all players then have to wear it? (what if you don't like the feel of the sleeve?)

If a team chooses that uniform for the match, do all players then have to wear it? (what if you don't like the feel of the sleeve?)
Just preference. My guess would be sweating. If you're playing hard and sweating, you don't want your platform wet or the ball is gonna go all over the place.

Indiana going swing for swing with Nebraska, they even took the first set from them.

John Cook with two huge challenge winner late and Nebraska evens things up at one set apiece.

Looks like Nebraska has righted the ship and leads in the fourth set.

And then they lose to Northwestern in five today. Including losing the 4th set 25-11.
This is gonna be one crazy season, at times both Wisconsin and Nebraska looked very beatable. It's a clear example of the types of players that they have, when faced with adversity they harden up and take it to that next level.

This is gonna be one crazy season, at times both Wisconsin and Nebraska looked very beatable. It's a clear example of the types of players that they have, when faced with adversity they harden up and take it to that next level.
Yes, this! This is what the Gophers are lacking. They just need one player to step up and not commit errors to close out sets.

Last night the Huskers swept Penn State in Lincoln 22, 22, 19. Nebraska moved to 8-0 in the conference while PSU dropped to 7-1.

Last night the Huskers swept Penn State in Lincoln 22, 22, 19. Nebraska moved to 8-0 in the conference while PSU dropped to 7-1.
PSU did not play well. Markley had an off night and was eventually pulled and Podraza set middle like once. Those two things were a difference maker in their match against us.

I don’t care how good your pins are (or how good they supposedly are), if you’re not feeding your middles on offense then you’re not playing the game correctly.

In Lincoln, Nebraska ended their 10 match losing streak to the Badgers winnning a five set thriller.

Excellent!

Whatever prevents Wisc from: 1) winning the Big Ten, and 2) going to the Final Four, is what I will cheer for, every time.

Even better would be if they don't get to host a regional, but that is probably too much to ask for at this point.

This was a very good match. I believe RS Smrek wasn't playing and IMO she can be even a bigger game changer than Booth. I haven't looked at any stats and I could be wrong on her playing or not. I caught the last set for sure.

This was a very good match. I believe RS Smrek wasn't playing and IMO she can be even a bigger game changer than Booth. I haven't looked at any stats and I could be wrong on her playing or not. I caught the last set for sure.
Smrek did not play

Great win for Purdue!

Probably won't end up knocking Wisc out of the top 4 though :(

Wisconsin is still without Smrek but they switched the entire team offense around instead of just substituting her on the RS. Orzol and Robinson both did not have good nights at the pins. The match was pretty much in Franklin's hands to win it for Wisconsin. GG, TTA and Booth contributed positively....however, I just feel Smrek is too valuable for this team.

Looks like Wisconsin is gonna sweep Nebraska at home. Maybe with everything locked up for the Huskers they let off the gas and rest some of their starters. It's still not gonna be cakewalk though.

What is interesting are the commits to Wisconsin who (outside of the setter recruit) more than likely will not get playing time next year. Now, did they know that at the time they committed?

While the Gopher program was relying on a starting Libero to remain committed and Booth and Wenaas not to transfer besides our HC not resigning.

BIG TEN CONFERENCE:
Skyler Pierce
- University of Nebraska- OH (Dynasty)
Olivia Mauch- University of Nebraska- Libero/DS (Premier Nebraska)
Olivia Hasbrook- Ohio State University- Libero/DS (Rockwood Thunder)
Reese Wuebker- Ohio State University- OH (Tri State Elite)
Abby Yoder- Ohio State University- Setter (NKYVC)
Emerson Sellman- Ohio State University- OH (Metro)
Kaia Caffee- Ohio State University- MB (Minnesota Select)
Ava Shankle- Ohio State University- MB/RS/OH (TAV)
Charlie Fuerbringer- University of Wisconsin- Setter (Mizuno Long Beach)
Trinity Shadd-Ceres- University of Wisconsin-OH- Canada
Lola Schumacher- University of Wisconsin- Libero/DS (Munciana)
Maile Chan- University of Wisconsin- Libero/DS (Athena)
Antonina (Tosia) Serafinowska- University of Wisconsin- MB (International- Poland)
Morgan Van Wie- University of Wisconsin- Setter (Madtown Juniors)
Ellie White- University of Michigan- Setter (1st Alliance)
Ella Demetrician- University of Michigan- OH (FC Elite)
Jenna Hanes- University of Michigan- MB (WAVE)
Cymarah Gordon- University of Michigan- RS (Momentous)
Camille Edwards- University of Michigan- Setter (TAV)
Trixie McMillin- University of Michigan- Libero/DS (City VBC)
Izzy Stark- Penn State University- Setter (Colorado Juniors)
Ava Falduto- Penn State University- Libero/DS (1st Alliance)
Ashlyn Philpot- University of Illinois- MB (Triangle)
Alayna Smith- University of Illinois- RS (Triangle)
Kenzie Cogan- University of Illinois- Libero/DS (Elevation)
Stella Swenson- University of Minnesota- Setter (Minnesota Select)
Olivia Swenson- University of Minnesota- OH (Minnesota Select)
Ryan McAleer- Purdue University- Libero/DS (Dynasty)
Allie Shondell- Purdue University- Setter (Boiler Juniors)
Sienna Foster- Purdue University- OH (Boiler Juniors)
Katie Scherer- University of Maryland- OH (Sports Performance)
Lilly Wagner- University of Maryland- Setter (Milwaukee Sting)
Ava Pratt- Northwestern University- OH (Adversity)
Brooklyn Tealer- University of Southern California- OH (Gainesville Juniors)
Paisley Douglas- University of Southern California- Libero/DS (VC Nebraska)
Favor Anyanwu- University of Southern California- MB (TAV)
Jadyn Livings- University of Southern California- OH (TAV)
Emma Segal- Indiana University- Libero/DS (Boiler Juniors)
Avery Daum- Indiana University- OH/RS (A5)
Ella Boersema- Indiana University- MB (Team Pineapple)
Reese Hazelton- Indiana University- OH (Happy Valley Academy)
Mia Hood- Michigan State University- MB (A5)
Kayla Foley- Michigan State University- Libero/DS (Beach Elite)
Mya Bolton- Michigan State University- Libero/DS (KC Power)
Carmen Waye- Michigan State University- MB (Canada)
Zoe Humphrey- UCLA- MB (Houston Juniors)
Kiki Horne- UCLA- OH (Triangle)
Kate Duffey- UCLA- Setter (City)
Kennedy Osunsanmi- UCLA- RS (City)
Natalie Robinson- Rutgers University- MB (AVC volleyball)
Alleigh Dutton- Rutgers University- Libero/DS (Circle City)
Lily Bolen- Rutgers University- Setter/DS (Elevation)
Jaimie Marquardt- University of Iowa- Libero/DS (Sky High)
Jenna Meitzler- University of Iowa- Setter/RS (Sky High)
Dominique Phills- University of Iowa- OH (HJV 17 Elite)
Kamaluhia Garcia- University of Iowa- OH/RS (Ku'ikahi VBC)
Mia Tvrdy- University of Oregon- OH/MB (Premier Nebraska)
Anaya Thrower- University of Oregon- MB (Absolute)
Bridget Gould- University of Oregon- RS (North Pacific Juniors)
Alexis Haury- University of Washington- Setter (North Pacific Juniors)
Julia Hunt- University of Washington- MB (NKYVC)
Cleo Hardin- Northwestern University- OH/RS (Vision

Last edited:

Top Bottom