OT: There goes another Top 10 Team

Reaction score
Ole Miss loses 16-10 to the ol ball coach and South Carolina. Poor SEC :rolleyes:.

I think Ole Miss was a victim of being overrated simply because teams above them kept losing.
South Carolina looks like a pretty good football team that should probably be ranked in the top 20, in my opinion.

Remember, if a top 5 teams get beat by an unranked team in the SEC, it is parity... the hallmark of a tough league. If it happens in any other conference, the teams at the top of the conference simply aren't very good. ;)

I do agree that South Carolina should probably be ranked.

Also because the teams behind them don't seem too great either. Seems to me that the top is pretty week this year (outside of Florida and to some extent Texas and Alabama).

Remember, if a top 5 teams get beat by an unranked team in the SEC, it is parity... the hallmark of a tough league. If it happens in any other conference, the teams at the top of the conference simply aren't very good. ;)

I do agree that South Carolina should probably be ranked.

LOL

Is it just me or is Ole Miss supposed to be a great team every year but never have that great of seasons. I mean even with Eli Manning they never really competed for a National Title.

I have a feeling Penn State is going to have the same thing happen to them that Ole Miss did. An inflated preseason ranking based on last years accomplishments plus a weak non-conference slate makes them poised to be an early upset victim.

I have a feeling Penn State is going to have the same thing happen to them that Ole Miss did. An inflated preseason ranking based on last years accomplishments plus a weak non-conference slate makes them poised to be an early upset victim.

I agree, but I do think they will get revenge on Iowa. Next possible game for them to get upset is at Illinois or Minn.

A couple of thoughts about rankings:

1) Ole Miss started the season at #8. Based on what???? They were not deserving of their pre-season ranking (another reason they shouldn't even have rankings until the 4th week).

2) If Cal wins, they should move up to at least #5.

3) Iowa really ought to be ranked. They were #22 in the preseason polls and are 3-0 (including 2 wins against BCS schools) whereas Penn State started at #9 has beat Syracuse, Temple and Akron and is now #5? I think tomorrow night's PSU-Iowa game could be a really good game.

4) In the event we win our next few games, I kind of hope we stay just outside of the Top-25 until we've had a chance to see how we stack up against Penn State, Illinois and Ohio State. I can just see us at #23 going in to Happy Valley and getting a loss and hearing all the local Gopher-haters going on and on about how overrated we were and that we're still just the "same ol' Gophers." Lets relish our role as the underappreciated underdog as long as possible.

3) Iowa really ought to be ranked. They were #22 in the preseason polls and are 3-0 (including 2 wins against BCS schools) whereas Penn State started at #9 has beat Syracuse, Temple and Akron and is now #5? I think tomorrow night's PSU-Iowa game could be a really good game.

I would say that Iowa is REALLY RANK!!!!:D

A couple of thoughts about rankings:

1) Ole Miss started the season at #8. Based on what???? They were not deserving of their pre-season ranking (another reason they shouldn't even have rankings until the 4th week).

Based on returning a ton of talent from a team that won their final 6 games last year, including pasting Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl. They also won @Florida and @LSU. Granted they were probably over hyped but I can see where the pollsters got their high expectations.

alot of parity out there. Moreso every year. It's too bad the polls decide so much and the football field so little.

Top Bottom