OT: OSU Asks Fans to Salute Navy

First class all the way on OSUs part. I to hope we give Air Force the recognition they deserve as well.

After what happened to the Midshipmen in Rutgers (in 2007?) this is a warm story. That said, as a military brat, I would be much more enthused about a school just showing a positive applause toward an Academy. Military men and women should be the only ones saluting. They are the ones with their lives on the line, and as the TD Salute that Terrel Davis used to use, this seems almost a cheap shot.

I know it's not intended that way, but having grown up on many a military base, and having been taught that only those in uniform or vets are supposed to salute, I don't like it. Just applaude them for their service, and let it be.

After what happened to the Midshipmen in Rutgers (in 2007?) this is a warm story. That said, as a military brat, I would be much more enthused about a school just showing a positive applause toward an Academy. Military men and women should be the only ones saluting. They are the ones with their lives on the line, and as the TD Salute that Terrel Davis used to use, this seems almost a cheap shot.

I know it's not intended that way, but having grown up on many a military base, and having been taught that only those in uniform or vets are supposed to salute, I don't like it. Just applaude them for their service, and let it be.

Reading the article again it seems to me that that's all that OSU is asking their fans to do...cheer. Salute is being used in the "acknowledge with respect" context rather then describing the fans actually saluting military style.

I hate OSU, but absolutely first class on their part. Reminds me of We Are Marshall when WVU put the MU on the back of there helmets... I hope Minnesota can follow suit

Top Bottom