OT: 100 point games trivia

RodentRampage

Reaction score
Alabama is playing Georgia State this year. Georgia State is in their first year, not just in D-I, but in having football at all. Could be a very ugly game, AL could score 100 points if they wanted to easily. It made me think of other 100 point games.

Six current Big Ten teams have scored 100 points or more in a game:
Minnesota, Michigan and Michigan State have done it 4 times each.
OSU, Penn State and Wisconsin have done it once.

In addition, Chicago and Nebraska, past and future Big Ten teams, have done it twice. Oklahoma holds the record with 8 100+ points games.

A number of schools have scored 100+ points twice in the same season, including Minnesota and Michgan. Georgia Tech once had three games in the same season where they scored 100+ points.

Minnesota had three consecutive seasons where they scored 100+ points in a game. Oklahoma had 5 consecutive seasons where they scored 100+ points in a game.

Two Big Ten teams have given up 100 points or more in a game, Michigan State and Iowa, both to Michigan.

A number of other colleges have given up 100+ points in a game twice. Cumberland managed to give up 100+ points in consecutive seasons. Cumberland is best known for giving up 222 points to Georgia Tech. Cumberland had dropped their football team, but had to scrabble together a team, because they were bound by contract to play Georgia Tech.

Rose Poly and SW Oklahoma manages to give up 100+ points in two games in the same year.

Wesleyan and Kingfisher hold the record at 3 games having given up 100+ points. Wesleyan did this losing one such game in each of three consecutive seasons.

The last 100+ point game was 2003, 105-0 Rockford College over Trinity Bible College. The last such game involving a D-I team was 1980, 105-0 Portland State over Delaware State. The last game with a I-A team was Houston over Tulsa 106-0 in 1968. And a BCS team hasn't been involved in a 100+ point game since Michigan State beat Ripon 100-0 in 1931.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_100_point_games_in_NCAA_college_football

The highest score ever? 1926, Haven High School beat Sylvia High School 256-0.

Thanks guys, probably could have looked it up myself but being kinda lazy today. Should be interesting to see how the game goes.

I know it will be a big payday but who in their right mind would schedule Alabama in their first year? C'mon.

I know it will be a big payday but who in their right mind would schedule Alabama in their first year? C'mon.

That would be recent CFB analyst and GSU head coach Bill Curry, who's no slouch and loves the Gophers. We'll be on their schedule soon with all the conference shake-ups.

Top Bottom