OSU over MSU and minutes played

centerofmn

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the amount of PT that OSU's starters had in their game against MSU? Lighty, Deibler, Turner and Buford all played the entire 40 minutes. The only starter who got some rest was Lauderdale, who played 26 minutes. All 14 of those missing minutes were played by Kyle Madsen.

It is going to be hard for them to go deep in the NCAA with that type of bench, or lack of. Especially if that is their gameplan against good teams, like MSU.

Yup, it was the same way against Purdue on Wednesday. I can't see them winning the BTT tournament like that, and the 2nd game of the weekend each week in the NCAAs is going to be tough, too.

Titus has a torn labrum so their bench is a little thin.

Yeah, as far as I know, that's how they've been playing all year. They're a good team, but that will likely come back to bite them in the BTT or NCAAs.

Yeah, I knew their bench was shallow, but 4 guys playing the entire game? Thats going to lead to some tired players in the second game of the NCAA.

I don't know. NCAA games there are 8 tv timeouts, 10 team timeouts. Stoppages to look at replay. Evan Turner loses a contact a game. Unless you are a real pressing team, it just seems that a long bench isn't very important anymore.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am of the mind that more fouls get called in the NCAA tourney than in Big 10 play, and it might very well force OSU to play more guys, but again, we'll have to wait & see.

Top Bottom