Oregon State's Rodgers doubtful for Civil War

i see OSU winning it and Ohio State not getting a BCS bid.

Oregon State wins, they go to the Rose Bowl. USC gets a BCS at-large bid, Ohio State doesn't. Minnesota goes to Big Ten #7, the Motor City Bowl.

Oregon wins, USC goes to the Rose Bowl, Ohio State gets a BCS at-Large bid. Minnesota move up to Big Ten #6, the Insight Bowl.

I am curious, am I the only one that would like to see the Gophers end up in Detroit? They were 7-1, lost 4 in a row to close the season (including 3 at home), and allowed their two biggest rivals to jump them in Bowl priority. I think Detroit would be a fitting end to the season and hopefully supply some extra motivation for next year.

The only downside to Detroit in my mind is the no win situation of playing a MAC team. If you win, you can't get too excited, but a loss looks really bad.

I'd really like to see a rule where you have to finish in the top half of your conference to make a bowl. I realize it will never happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

I never wish the Gophers ill will and would much rather have them play in Tempe but there is no doubt the matchup in Detroit will be tougher, assuming Ball State beats Buffalo in the MAC Championship.

I realize an Oregon State loss benefits the Gophers, but I can't root against the Beavers. First, I grew up rooting for them and always wanted to see them in the Rose Bowl. Second, they are the Gophers of the Pac-10 - decades of futility, they've built a solid middle-of-the-road Pac-10 team over the last 9 or 10 years, but haven't been to the Rose Bowl since the 1960s. It's just too good of a story - I'll go to Detroit if it means the Beavers play in Pasadena.

There is no guarantee Ball State plays in the Motor City Bowl even if they win the MAC. ESPN's talking heads were discussing it during the Ball State/ W Mich game the other night. They said that there may be some bowl game assignment trading to try and get Ball State to a better game against a ranked team, maybe even a battle of the undefeateds, Ball State vs Boise State.

Thing is Decker will be completely ready to go by Bowl time and Green is coming into his own as well. That along with the new OL/Running game coach gives the Gophers a better shot in either bowl game.

Thing is Decker will be completely ready to go by Bowl time and Green is coming into his own as well. That along with the new OL/Running game coach gives the Gophers a better shot in either bowl game.
agree. i think that by bowl time this banged up, very young team will be playing more like they were in the early part of the season.

There is no guarantee Ball State plays in the Motor City Bowl even if they win the MAC. ESPN's talking heads were discussing it during the Ball State/ W Mich game the other night. They said that there may be some bowl game assignment trading to try and get Ball State to a better game against a ranked team, maybe even a battle of the undefeateds, Ball State vs Boise State.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/bulldogs/story/1037482.html

I have a hard time imagining Ball State would be eager to go play a road game in Boise for their bowl. The Motor City Bowl probably wouldn't mind losing a Top 12-15 team too much, since they could still fill the place with Central Michigan. And there will be enough open slots in other bowls for the ACC team that would've gone to Boise to land someplace closer to home. But it depends on what Ball State would want.

The Badgers want the Insight Bowl and will try very hard to get it done regardless of the Oregon State result. Wisconsin doesn't want to go to Florida for the fourth year in a row and play in the same stadium three years in a row.

If they were to end up in Orlando, it'd be the 5th straight year in Florida. They played in the Outback Bowl last year, the last time they were in Orlando was two years ago,.

Oregon State wins, they go to the Rose Bowl. USC gets a BCS at-large bid, Ohio State doesn't. Minnesota goes to Big Ten #7, the Motor City Bowl.

Oregon wins, USC goes to the Rose Bowl, Ohio State gets a BCS at-Large bid. Minnesota move up to Big Ten #6, the Insight Bowl.

Nope. USC has to beat UCLA. if UCLA win next week. Oregon State go to the rose bowl.

Good Luck

Nope. USC has to beat UCLA. if UCLA win next week. Oregon State go to the rose bowl.

USC hold its destiny in its own hands. Win it is Rose Bowl. They Lose check the PAC 10 bowl contracts. I;ve got to believe that the clicks were determined today.

If UCLA were to somehow beat USC, then the Pac-10 title is shared by USC, Oregon and Oregon State. According to Pac-10 tiebreakers, they would look at how each team fared against the next-best team, which would be Cal. USC and Oregon State both beat Cal, but Oregon lost, therefore eliminating the Ducks. It reverts to head-to-head between USC and Oregon State, which would send the Beavers to the Rose Bowl.

However, as inept as Notre Dame looked against USC tonight, UCLA's offense is far worse. Arizona State scored four defensive touchdowns on Friday! If UCLA pulled this off, it would be on par with the Stanford upset of last year.

It's starting to look like this:

Rose: Penn State
Fiesta: Ohio State
Capital One: Michigan State
Outback: Northwestern/Iowa
Alamo: Iowa/Northwestern
Champs Sports: Minnesota
Insight: Wisconsin
Motor City: At-large

Top Bottom