Oregon Going Down??

BPGopher

Reaction score
Mult. ESPN sources have now verified to me Cowherd was referencing Oregon as school to be 'outed very soon for major recruiting violations'

Tweet from SPORTSbyBROOKS

Time will tell if anything big is gonna happen. I shall lose sleep worrying that it is the Minnesota Gophers! :banghead:

Perhaps the story will break the start of the NCAA Hoops tourney al a "Gangel-Gate"

The funny thing is prior to THE story breaking, MANY programs will be nervous...and once named, no one will be that surprised.

Wait, it was Cowherd who started this whole thing? I'll wait for someone a little more credible before I get too excited to see some fireworks. That guy is a colossal blowhard.

keep in mind cowherd is a USC bobo. Doesn't make it untrue, but he's a serious USC backer.

keep in mind cowherd is a USC bobo. Doesn't make it untrue, but he's a serious USC backer.

He loves USC, but he's a Northwest native who hit the big time while working in Portland doing sports on the NBC affiliate and his local radio show.

Cowherd has a lot of sources in the PacNW and on the West Coast in general. When he hints at major stories like this breaking he's usually right. Should be interesting to see who the team is. I hope both Auburn and Oregon get in trouble, college football is such a joke, on so many different levels.

Cowherd has a lot of sources in the PacNW and on the West Coast in general. When he hints at major stories like this breaking he's usually right. Should be interesting to see who the team is. I hope both Auburn and Oregon get in trouble, college football is such a joke, on so many different levels.

If they both do get in trouble - and that's still a big if - would that give the title to TCU, or would there be no champion for this year?

Wait, it was Cowherd who started this whole thing? I'll wait for someone a little more credible before I get too excited to see some fireworks. That guy is a colossal blowhard.

Agreed. Completely worthless.

If they both do get in trouble - and that's still a big if - would that give the title to TCU, or would there be no champion for this year?

I think there would just be no champion. As an example, I think if the USC appeals are declined there will be "no champion" for 2004. Or it would be recorded as "vacated title".

As a alum of Oregon State, it would be poetic justice. Uncle Phil's Nike money has made our hated rivals pretty annoying. Imagine the Badgers having unlimited money for their sports programs.

I'll second that. Remember this is the same guy who claimed he knew that Cliff Lee was 'tanking games'. Blowhard to the Nth degree.

When I first started listening to Cowherd I actually enjoyed listening to his opinions and hypotheses. However, now I just find him annoying and redundant. I rarely listen to his show anymore.

"Oregon Going Down??"

I once dated a gal named Oregon. The answer was YES. She would date any FB player that wore the number 69.

This rumor has been making the rounds for a little while on the College Football message boards, for the past week or two. Cowherd, who is a d-bag, isn't just making this stuff up out of thin air. I'm in a wait and see mode on this rumor but I kinda hope this is rumor true, just to see a high profile school go down in flames.

This rumor has been making the rounds for a little while on the College Football message boards, for the past week or two. Cowherd, who is a d-bag, isn't just making this stuff up out of thin air. I'm in a wait and see mode on this rumor but I kinda hope this is rumor true, just to see a high profile school go down in flames.

Exactly. I don't know why, but I am hoping it happens too. Are my college football insecurities that bad?

I don't necessarily want to see any team, especially one this high profile, go down for cheating. But if it has to happen, I hope its Oregon.

Exactly. I don't know why, but I am hoping it happens too. Are my college football insecurities that bad?

Right now I'm hoping that about 3/4 of the SEC(Society of Ethical Cheaters) get's the death penalty. Mostly to see the THE GREATEST EPIC MELTDOWN EVER on message boards and blogs.

Assuming that doesn't happen and it's only a school, here is my quick list of schools I hope it happens to in order,

1. Alabama-Saban is a prick who doesn't deserve any better.
2. Notre Dame-Being a Purdue fan it would be great to see all the fans, who have no connection to the school, trying to spin it in a positive way.
3. Ohio State-Any thing that cause less of the O-H-I-O chant in the world, I'm all for.
4. Florida-Would be higher if Tebow was still there
5. Oregon-Phil Knight.
6. The U-Sadly this wouldn't surprise anyone
7. Boise State-It would cause ESPN to shut up about them, finally.
8. LSU-Anything to rid the world of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEo4VI88OhI&feature=related and any variation of it
9. IU-As long as the Bucket is returned to it's rightful home in West Lafayette.
10. Duke Basketball-See Alabama

Right now I'm hoping that about 3/4 of the SEC(Society of Ethical Cheaters) get's the death penalty. Mostly to see the THE GREATEST EPIC MELTDOWN EVER on message boards and blogs.

Assuming that doesn't happen and it's only a school, here is my quick list of schools I hope it happens to in order,

2. Notre Dame-Being a Purdue fan it would be great to see all the fans, who have no connection to the school, trying to spin it in a positive way.
3. Ohio State-Any thing that cause less of the O-H-I-O chant in the world, I'm all for.
5. Oregon-Phil Knight.
8. LSU-Anything to rid the world of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEo4VI88OhI&feature=related and any variation of it
9. IU-As long as the Bucket is returned to it's rightful home in West Lafayette.

Notably absent....Madison Community College!

Go Gophers....without a hint of wrong-doing!

5. Oregon-Phil Knight.

Great list. Agree with about all of it except #9, where I'm neutral. Also watch out for #6 on this board. It could be interpreted the wrong way. :)

Yeah...when I read that I was like 'screw this a-hole', and the I figured out that he was referring to Miami, FL.

Ah, yes, Miami-FL refers to itself as "The U", easy to forget that. Since universities began, "The U" referred to whatever the local university was, in other words, it required context to understand. Miami-FL insisting that "The U" refers to them and only to them annoys me.

Even here, there were fights over using the term "The U" to refer to Minnesota.

Ah, yes, Miami-FL refers to itself as "The U", easy to forget that. Since universities began, "The U" referred to whatever the local university was, in other words, it required context to understand. Miami-FL insisting that "The U" refers to them and only to them annoys me.

Even here, there were fights over using the term "The U" to refer to Minnesota.

That's why I added the FL. I have met several Miami, FL fans and when they say they are fans/alumni of "The U" I always say "Me too" and start talking about Minnesota. When they correct me and say "Miami" I always default to Miami, OH just to piss them off.

Same thing when on rare occasions people will say they went to college in New Haven, CT. I ask them if they enjoyed Southern Connecticut State U.

Oops sorry about that I meant the University of Miami Hurricanes not the Gophers. My bad.

Cowherd, blowhard that he is, reiterated the story on his show again today and said it was one of the following programs: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Boise State, USC, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma & Virginia Tech.

I'm happy with any one of those programs getting slapped around!

Perhaps (as a ratings ploy) he will remove one of the teams from consideration per week for the next 9 weeks.

Top Bottom