Oregon’s Zac Stascausky commits to the Gophers. (UPDATED 7/30: Zac de-commits from Gophers)

From Gopher Illustrated:

The number five player in Oregon held offers from UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Boise State, Oregon State and Washington State among others. With the Gophers losing Tyler Cooper and Quinn Carroll to graduation after the season, plus a high likelihood of left tackle Aireontae Ersery heading to the NFL after the season, I'd anticipate Brian Callahan taking a handful of linemen in this class. And when you put on the tape, I get why Callahan is a fan, as Stascausky moves really well for his high school team at left tackle. He's able climb into space and also displays nastiness in the run game.

From Gopher Illustrated:

The number five player in Oregon held offers from UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Boise State, Oregon State and Washington State among others. With the Gophers losing Tyler Cooper and Quinn Carroll to graduation after the season, plus a high likelihood of left tackle Aireontae Ersery heading to the NFL after the season, I'd anticipate Brian Callahan taking a handful of linemen in this class. And when you put on the tape, I get why Callahan is a fan, as Stascausky moves really well for his high school team at left tackle. He's able climb into space and also displays nastiness in the run game.

Nice!

Who was our last player from Oregon? I can't remember one.

apparently Stascausky went to the same HS as Blake Brandel, an offensive lineman for the Vikings. I saw a picture on Twitter of the two of them posing together - which I assume was taken over the weekend.

Wasn’t a world beater but definitely a solid prospect. Sucks to lose him but will interesting to see how he progresses. Gotta keep the flames away from the bridges in todays landscape.

I hope wherever he commits has a top tier Kerning and Tracking program.

Who knows, with the portal he could be at Wash (or someone else) and a year later knocking on our door if he doesn't like it. We have seen that this year (Howard & Kissayi). The reason we have a love-hate relationship with the portal. Don't burn those bridges.

Top Bottom