Oracle the Latest Company to Leave California and Move to Texas

Spoofin

Reaction score
The trend is that it is a spectacularly beautiful place. That’s past, present and future.
Parts, yes. I’d love to live in OC or just north of San Diego. LA? Hell no. The Bay Area? Nope. Regardless, I would never choose to have my business in CA - that just wouldn’t make sense.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Parts, yes. I’d love to live in OC or just north of San Diego. LA? Hell no. The Bay Area? Nope. Regardless, I would never choose to have my business in CA - that just wouldn’t make sense.
I do love the stories of the homeless population taking a shit right in front of you at intersections and ramps, staring you down the whole time like it's YOU that are in the wrong. Awesome stuff

Spoofin

Reaction score
I do love the stories of the homeless population taking a shit right in front of you at intersections and ramps, staring you down the whole time like it's YOU that are in the wrong. Awesome stuff
I actually saw that once. In Charlotte, NC tho.

John Galt

Reaction score
The trend is that it is a spectacularly beautiful place. That’s past, present and future.
I’ve lived in California and travelled all over the state for business and vacations well over 50 times. Being beautiful has nothing to do with the OP.

bga1

Reaction score
Living proof that leftism can screw up paradise. It is one fantastic piece of land.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
Living proof that leftism can screw up paradise. It is one fantastic piece of land.
It is beautiful but you’d have to pay me a ton of money to live there. Have a nephew who lives in San Fran. Cool cool city but the homeless are ruining it. Pelosi’s district so not surprised

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Austin has no homeless people. Not a single one.

And no one there believes in "leftist" policy or votes for "leftist" politicians.

Also, the flimsy Texas power grid.

Wonder if Tesla will have it's own guaranteed power contracts and/or just generate its own power for its giga factory.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
California’s corporate tax rate is 9%, so Oracle will save about $1.3 billion in taxes annually due to this move. With the 21% corporate tax rate, they had been paying about 30% total between federal and state, as opposed to 44%! combined when federal rates were at 35%.
U have no idea what theypay u simpleton (Their liability) as u have no idea of their write offs. Many large US companies don’t pay any - see link for 2020. This tells me the business acumen u like to hint at is very limited (my guess is your a middle manager whose function is to manage some pawns; you’re a rook at best - nothing wrong with that- everyone has a ceiling).

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Kids are a symbol of the racist, Western patriarchal family dynamic. These people are literally worse than Hitler.

Wow first Matt Gaetz and then this creep. Is there any alleged sexual predators u don’t admire?

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Austin has no homeless people. Not a single one.
FWIW - Austin and San Diego are considered 2 of the best places to be homeless due to their temperate climates and the services provided to them by those municipalities per a Redit article I saw
And no one there believes in "leftist" policy or votes for "leftist" politicians.

Also, the flimsy Texas power grid.

Wonder if Tesla will have it's own guaranteed power contracts and/or just generate its own power for its giga factory.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Yeah. Shut CA down already. Who would want to live there? Oh yeah, that's right. Enough people to make it the 5th largest economy in the world. Were it a country.
There was a previous thread about this where Stoker provided data showing Oafee’s (OTB humble bragger, par excellence!) contention that CA’s economy was going to magically evaporate as pure BS - as usual Oafee constructs his arguments out his backside and they are a house of cards!

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
The number of skyscrapers being built in Austin right now is staggering. I just bought a house there this past summer in central Austin, and I'm already getting offers of over $100K of what I paid. It's totally a boom town right now, and yes, a lot of businesses moving to Austin (e.g., Tesla) are coming from CA.

John Galt

Reaction score
U have no idea what theypay u simpleton (Their liability) as u have no idea of their write offs. Many large US companies don’t pay any - see link for 2020. This tells me the business acumen u like to hint at is very limited (my guess is your a middle manager whose function is to manage some pawns; you’re a rook at best - nothing wrong with that- everyone has a ceiling).

Where is Jake to call you out as the cat worshiping sock puppeteer that you are.

Top Bottom