Operation Wear Gopher Colors. No Neutral "Gray" T-Shirts.

Gopherthewin

Gopher Fan
Reaction score
Please don't wear gray or white shirts, or even green or blue to this game. Thanks.

Will that help to improve our half-court offense -- or lack thereof?

Wear gray. It provides a sharper contrast to all the red that will be there.

This is somewhat related I suppose. Is the section directly to the right of the band (112) part of the student section or not? The last few games I have noticed at least a few dozen people that sit up front and are definitely not students (i.e balding and with children) sitting in that section. They don't stand up during the game, don't wear gopher colors, and really kill the atmosphere of half of the student section. Are there a few non GA seats at the front of that section? I think as student popularity increases, they need to check student ID's to get into the arena with a student ticket.

Those are all reserved for special guests of whomever. They aren't students.

Gotcha, about the first 10 rows or so?

Yup, down in that corner.

Seems like they could have stuck the benches in the opposite corner and let students sit in the student section, but that of coursew would make way too much sense.

The problem with these posts is that you're preaching to the choir. Of the people on this board who will be at this game, I guarantee at least 95% routinely wear Maroon or Gold to the games already.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post it, as it merits being said, but the key is getting the word out to the casual fans. That never seems to happen.

The problem with these posts is that you're preaching to the choir. Of the people on this board who will be at this game, I guarantee at least 95% routinely wear Maroon or Gold to the games already.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post it, as it merits being said, but the key is getting the word out to the casual fans. That never seems to happen.

exactly.

If you are die-hard enough to spend your free time on this board you are definitely already following the dress code. A lot of the old-timer alumni types who sit in the nice seats already wear maroon and gold, their biggest problem is sitting on their hands. The thread that need to be made is "Operation Get The Old People Drunk". They need to loosen up and get into the game.

The thread that need to be made is "Operation Get The Old People Drunk"
I'll take a bottle of 18-year old Macallan Single Malt Scotch ... I'll send you a PM with my address.

To other Old People: I ain't sharing.

Lighten up. I love going to the Barn to watch basketball. It is a great venue, great atmosphere and tomorrow will hopefully be a fun game.

I have to admit, as a Badger fan, I liked it two years ago when the Gopher student section looked like the picture. It was a great atmosphere last year and I know it will be even louder this year. Here's to a great game.

gopherstudentsection.jpg

Lighten up. I love going to the Barn to watch basketball. It is a great venue, great atmosphere and tomorrow will hopefully be a fun game.

Hear, hear!

After all, folks, it is just a basketball game, not life and death. Meaningful games late in the season have been lacking over the last 8-9 years for the Gophers. Enjoy it. Let's hope it's exciting and worth the price of admission.

Oh...and the Gophers stomp 'em.:)

southfew is the strange looking guy in the white hat staring at that lady's ass....

I have to admit, as a Badger fan, I liked it two years ago when the Gopher student section looked like the picture. It was a great atmosphere last year and I know it will be even louder this year. Here's to a great game.

gopherstudentsection.jpg

blah, blah, blah. fake-ass attempts at collegial admiration from minneapolis area becky fans is soooooo annoying – even from southfew. while he is generally an "okay" moderator over on his little site he likes to "straddle the line" a little too close for my taste.

anyways, let’s put becky up on a stake tonight just like we did back in january.

and to any of you cheeseville slobs from the east planning on showing up in red tonight - see you at the game bitches! :D

i would suggest you bring along a rain coat as well.....

Top Bottom