Open to public scrimmage

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
Anyone heard if they will be bringing this back? They did it during the early Pitino years with an autograph session afterwards but got rid of it his last few years. I wasn't sure if that was because of COVID or because interest wasn't that high.

Golden Dunkers does an annual event where you watch the team practice, eat dinner with them, and then listen to a speech from the coach. That is usually in mid-October. I checked their twitter feed and didn't see anything posted yet and it will probably be $50 - $75 to attend. As far as the Maroon Vs. Gold free to public scrimmage, not sure if that is still in play or not. They did not even do it in the 19-20 season prior to Covid.

The same practice was available to sign up for as a Gopher points reward choice.

I have attended three of them. Two with Pitino as coach -very engaging. Last year with Ben -not as engaging a personality, but the practice seemed more efficient and focused. Thorson is a fun character to watch.

So this is only available for season ticket holders? : (
Not necessarily basketball season ticket holders. It's an available perk for anyone that selected it when picking their GopherScore rewards. That could be a season ticket holder of any sport.

Not necessarily basketball season ticket holders. It's an available perk for anyone that selected it when picking their GopherScore rewards. That could be a season ticket holder of any sport.
Right, season ticket holders. I am only interested in seeing the basketball team live and just can't make enough games to make a season package worthwhile. Was hoping to do one of the pre-season events this year but I guess I am out of luck. Just the way the ball bounces I suppose. Just surprising they would make it that exclusive considering they are trying to rebuild their fan base from the ground up. This is the kind of event that could help attract future season ticket holders.

Rather bummed they went away from “midnight madness” (and later when it was held earlier). We went every year. I did sign up for the Gopher Score open practice.

Not related, but did see Jamison Battle and Treyton Thompson at the homecoming parade today.

I recall watching the Gold-Maroon scrimmage prior to the Final Four season of 1997 and seeing John Thomas and Trevor Winter bang on each other. Wow - it didn't take a genius to see that we really had something there. The Gophs would do well to bring the scrimmage back.

Top Bottom