Only third time in Gopher history with back-to-back tourney appearances!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
89-90 and 94-95.

Congrats Tubby!!

A very nice accomplishment...now let's win our first tourney game since we beat UCLA in San Antonio.

Go Gophers!!

If memory serves, we got hosed in 96 right? Should've gotten in? Wasn't that the year we won in Champaign and celebrated prematurely?

Trying to keep track of all my Gopher heartbreak is difficult...

Wow that's a really pathetic stat. Only 3 times with back to back appearances in the tournament? I consider making the tournament a very minor accomplishment, so that's pretty depressing.

Hopefully, Tubby will improve on that stat in future years.

If memory serves, we got hosed in 96 right? Should've gotten in? Wasn't that the year we won in Champaign and celebrated prematurely?

I think so, and in '98 we won the NIT, so there was a stretch from 94-99 where the Gophers could have had a nice streak going.

Yes, that was 1996. That was a little shocking considering the strong finish in the last 9 or 10 games. I think Michigan got the nod over us. This is one reason why it's always a sweet surprise when the Gophers get in. You just never know who they will select in these cases.

Yes, that was 1996. That was a little shocking considering the strong finish in the last 9 or 10 games. I think Michigan got the nod over us.

That sucked. Clem was irate!

In truth, this is a really, really depressing statistic we're discussing. But for awhile there we were the Official Bubble Team like every damn year.

Top Bottom