One of the best game the Gophers have played all season

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
So it's very upsetting we lost. I loved our offensive execution, the energy, the defense. We may have a blessing in disguise with Devoe running the point. If we play this way the rest of the season, we'll beat all other Big 10 teams. Only Michigan State could've won today in The Barn. I'm really impressed with Sampson and Devoe. The last couple of minutes we got tight which made all the difference. It's so frustrating to see this game go.

Absolutely

So it's very upsetting we lost. I loved our offensive execution, the energy, the defense. We may have a blessing in disguise with Devoe running the point. If we play this way the rest of the season, we'll beat all other Big 10 teams. Only Michigan State could've won today in The Barn. I'm really impressed with Sampson and Devoe. The last couple of minutes we got tight which made all the difference. It's so frustrating to see this game go.

Absolutely their best 35 minutes of the season. Sadly the last five minutes were not quite good enough.

Agree, if you play with this intensity the rest of the year, you will be a high seed (4-- 5) seed in the Tourny

What would our season record be if we were more consistent (if we played every game like we played today)?

Tubby Quotes from Yahoo! Article

“Pretty deflating loss there. To beat a good team like Michigan State you have to finish,” Gophers coach Tubby Smith said. “We were a little bit winded at the end and I thought it led to us losing some of our aggression.”

and

“Devoe was just outstanding,” Smith said. “He’s got to be a little more physical, more aggressive. He had some chances to take the ball to the basket and he didn’t.”

Hey Dude...we lost. You all must have seen a different game?

We may get a 3rd or 4th seed in the NIT.

Agree, if you play with this intensity the rest of the year, you will be a high seed (4-- 5) seed in the Tourny

Seriously, you are taking too many whiffs from Section 201's "sock-puppet" that he keeps by his bed and he keeps referring to in his threads?

We will be a high seed in the NIT unless we get to 22 wins.

Say we make the NIT

Are you going to be on here patting yourself on the back? It was a fantastic college basketball game. We Lost. To a team that is better than us. Grow a pair and get some mental toughness and quit attempting to make yourself feel better by scolding us about how "bad" this loss was.

Honestly, If the Gophers bust their balls and lay it all on the line and lose to a team fresh off the National Title game and being 7-0 in the Big Ten by one point, is that worth throwing yourself into such a tizzy?

Top Bottom