One Bad Call!

Reaction score
You can say all you want about this game on being kill's fault or grays or nelsons but what really gets me angry was that personal foul that went for 30 yards. Never seen that in my life. Kirkwood had just got a big gain inside the 40 and believe me i think we should have more disciplined and not through that foul but it was away from the play and after the max yardage i seen that go back for is 15 yards especially being after it and even if it was a 15 yard penalty we wouldve still been at mid field and been only 15 yards from a 1st down so I think that call was bad and killed a drive that i think we wouldve got atleast a field goal out of but if we wouldve never through that foul in the first place we wouldve scored a TD and being talking about a win here. Overall other than that we have a wonderful future ahead. We played better than i though and nelson through very well except for that last play.

It wasn't a 30 yard personal foul. It was a chop block, something we have been called for all year so I'm sure we probably did it. 15 yards. Negating the 12 yard run as well.

Then after the play a 15 yard penalty.

Maybe our team should try to not be such idiots and we can avoid these penalties.

they missed a blatant block from behind on the last int which set up the FG too

Not blaming the refs at all, but did anyone think that was a fumble in the 3rd quarter (I think)? It's the one they called down by contact and #11 Johnson recovered for us (not the one in the 4th quarter that they got correct). Maybe the maroon and gold glasses are getting in the way, but I thought it was a fumble for sure. Probably one of those that they stick with whatever was called on the field.

Not blaming the refs at all, but did anyone think that was a fumble in the 3rd quarter (I think)? It's the one they called down by contact and #11 Johnson recovered for us (not the one in the 4th quarter that they got correct). Maybe the maroon and gold glasses are getting in the way, but I thought it was a fumble for sure. Probably one of those that they stick with whatever was called on the field.

Maybe, but wasn't "indisputable". The call, either way, was going to stand.

I was disappointed that Kill did not ake Epping out after that stunt. He stomped o the kid after he had him down. I thought Kill was supposed to be a "disciplinarian".

You can say all you want about this game on being kill's fault or grays or nelsons but what really gets me angry was that personal foul that went for 30 yards. Never seen that in my life. Kirkwood had just got a big gain inside the 40 and believe me i think we should have more disciplined and not through that foul but it was away from the play and after the max yardage i seen that go back for is 15 yards especially being after it and even if it was a 15 yard penalty we wouldve still been at mid field and been only 15 yards from a 1st down so I think that call was bad and killed a drive that i think we wouldve got atleast a field goal out of but if we wouldve never through that foul in the first place we wouldve scored a TD and being talking about a win here. Overall other than that we have a wonderful future ahead. We played better than i though and nelson through very well except for that last play.

To tell the truth the hicks of Texas tech were so cheap and should had a dozen ejections that kill couldn't take epping out for doing what was done to our players without recourse. Worst example of a team getting away with football murder that I can recall. Just sickening to watch thugs receive the honor of playingcollege football

It didn't matter because they still scored, but Engel's TD wasn't indisputable and they overturned that call.

Watching the game with my black and white glasses, I thought the officials did pretty good with a tough/chippy game. The Engel TD I think was their only blunder. There is no way to overturn that unless they saw and angle that ESPN did not show. The block below the waist was correct and the enforcement of the 30 yards was correct. The block below the waist was behind the line of scrimmage, so it is 15 yards from the previous spot and then tack on the Personal Foul.

Fun game to watch and great experience for the young players of tough hard nosed football. Wish they would not have buckled under the late game pressure.

Top Bottom