On the bright side, Stripe out looked good on TV.

maybe we shouldn’t do stripe outs anymore. or Homecoming. or 11:00 games.
Or talk about what bowl game we are going to play in..
Or talk about what name we want for our offense..
Or talk about where we are going to be ranked…
Or talk about our chances of going undefeated…
Etc, etc, etc…..

It’s a joke!! So embarrassing all the way around. The coaching staff and team should be embarrassed as hell with what happened today. All of them, with the possible exception of the defense, which did its best with the shit hand it was dealt. I’m tired of changing out our best, for the mediocre.

Or talk about what bowl game we are going to play in..
Or talk about what name we want for our offense..
Or talk about where we are going to be ranked…
Or talk about our chances of going undefeated…
Etc, etc, etc…..

It’s a joke!! So embarrassing all the way around. The coaching staff and team should be embarrassed as hell with what happened today. All of them, with the possible exception of the defense, which did its best with the shit hand it was dealt. I’m tired of changing out our best, for the mediocre.
As I posted toward the end of the game thread, this one was a self-inflicted, absolutely soul-crushing, program demoting defeat. Once again, pride and confidence and hope in the program has evaporated. This game set the program back hard.

Kudos to all the fans who made it to the game, you did your part and the stripe out looked good.
I did my part - buying a new gold shirt for the game. However, I didn’t think there was any chance it would work as well as it did. I was wrong. Gotta hand it to the Gopher fans for not failing again on an attire challenge.

Announcers claimed they couldn’t tell it was striped.

Knew the stripe-out was going to work before the game. Never had seen so much gold...and more to the point, pairs, threes, or fours of folks walking together mosty were dressed the same in maroon or gold attire. I was wrong on this one but depended heavily on old data (like the 4 games worth coming into this contest where I thought we would win handily...).

Certainly should try again when the stadium will be full. AND...the students should always wear gold...that End Zone looked great.

Crowd looked good. Broadcast quality was not good. Didn’t seem like quality HD feed or something. Announcers were poor.

I did my part - buying a new gold shirt for the game. However, I didn’t think there was any chance it would work as well as it did. I was wrong. Gotta hand it to the Gopher fans for not failing again on an attire challenge.
It was amazing that most fans got the memo and wore their designated colors.I had to dig deep for my gold shirts but it looked great in the stadium with the student body in gold .

It was amazing that most fans got the memo and wore their designated colors.I had to dig deep for my gold shirts but it looked great in the stadium with the student body in gold .

In the long lines to get in folks were giving people not wearing maroon or gold a hard time ... in a nice way ;)

I saw a fan get up and go buy some other fans siting next to him some shirts so they'd match ;)

I was impressed by how good the stripe out looked. Won't work in the winter but would be cool to see that just become the norm with our fans. Probably too much to ask though.

I thought it was great. Now that they had a great game with it, I'm hoping that they announce the stripe game a little earlier and keep the stripe colors the same for the sections.

Top Bottom