Omersa Jarvis Omersa needs to transfer to football! He's getting less and less playing time and he's not demonstrating his usual enthusiasm.

It’s crazy that this post generated 29 comments!

I think that is correct, if he played both sports. Trying to prevent "basketball" players being given basketball scholarships, but are really football players. That type of thing.

Kansas and Kentucky would dress 11 guys going both ways for football if schools could do this.

His odds of playing basektball professionally in some way shape or form (NBA, G-Leauge, Europe) are a million times higher then the odds of him making money playing professional football.

From everything I can tell, he never played football, at least not at the high school level. So anyone giving this any thought of being an actual possibility are probably the same people that thought we were going to line Faalele up in the backfield as a running back in an actual game.

Zero chance of him playing football at the U.

I'd say there is some measurable % chance that he gives football a shot post-college. A handful of Omersa-like basketball players get a shot in the NFL (after not playing since HS) every year.

I think his package of skills is intriguing. If I were Jarvis, I would give football a try. There is absolutely zero chance he will be a NBA player. There is some small chance he could be an excellent football player with a lot of work.
If I were PJF, I wouldn't spend a scholarship on him until I saw something significant that indicates he's committed to football and has some skill at it.
He played football in high school. He was alright, nothing crazy. Probably could have been a PWO based on his film but not a scholarship guy.

So could Bateman, but it ain’t gonna happen.

No one said it was going to happen. This thread is full of nonsense.

Faalele could be a good hockey goalie. Lay on his side and he’d cover the entire net.

Faalele could be a good hockey goalie. Lay on his side and he’d cover the entire net.

Considering the restrictions on pad sizes.... he would be bleeding a lot....

Considering the restrictions on pad sizes.... he would be bleeding a lot....

There are waivers. Just like really tall guys get a waiver for a longer stick. Sad that Motzko doesn’t know this. Hopefully he reads GH

There are waivers. Just like really tall guys get a waiver for a longer stick. Sad that Motzko doesn’t know this. Hopefully he reads GH
Stick is one thing, enormous pad expansion would be a bonkers advantage ... not sure we'd see it.

I think that is correct, if he played both sports. Trying to prevent "basketball" players being given basketball scholarships, but are really football players. That type of thing.

Who says coaches and athletic directors don't read message boards?

It's definitely nonsense that Omersa would play college football at the U.

However, there are guys every single year like Omersa (super athletic 6'6"-6'7" guys who haven't played football since HS) who get a try out in the NFL. Several of them have caught on.

^^^ Jimmy Graham did not play high school football, and he did end up playing for the U of Miami football team.

I mean the lacrosse player turned starter for northwestern basketball is just as incredible as any of these.

Top Bottom