Omaha World-Herald sportswriter slams both Iowa, Minnesota

not sure how to take the headline of your post, but, i believe this is the same writer that was very high on minnesota before the start of the season. in fact, if minny wasn't his pick to win the west, he had them right up there.

not sure how to take the headline of your post, but, i believe this is the same writer that was very high on minnesota before the start of the season. in fact, if minny wasn't his pick to win the west, he had them right up there.

Not sure how his preseason predictions correlate with this article. They are completely independent. He was high on the Gophers before the season, and he saw two teams who he didn't think looked good grind it out on Saturday.

What's crazy to me is the Omaha World Herald has the budget to send one of their reporters to cover this game during a Nebraska bye-week. Can you imagine the Pioneer Press doing that?

What's crazy to me is the Omaha World Herald has the budget to send one of their reporters to cover this game during a Nebraska bye-week. Can you imagine the Pioneer Press doing that?
The World Herald has NOTHING else to cover in sports outside of college football. The Pioneer Press has no reason to cover something similar because there is enough meat on the bone at home. Not surprising to me.

The World Herald has NOTHING else to cover in sports outside of college football. The Pioneer Press has no reason to cover something similar because there is enough meat on the bone at home. Not surprising to me.

Exactly. Nebraska football is the only game in town so it is understandable how a game against 2 West opponents that many thought would be in the title hunt would be seen as something worth covering while Nebraska was on a bye week.

He watched two teams play a crappy game and reached the logical conclusion.

Not sure how his preseason predictions correlate with this article. They are completely independent. He was high on the Gophers before the season, and he saw two teams who he didn't think looked good grind it out on Saturday.

The World Herald invests in its coverage of Nebraska. I believe 4-5 guys who pretty much cover Nebraska sports as their main beat. A couple of columnists and at at least 1-2 reporters/writers.

He's not off on the game assessment. Two teams trying to get out of their own way. One snapshot of 12 weeks of games.

When I walked out of TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday, I thought "Man, neither of these teams can be proud of how they played today." Iowa can celebrate with Floyd all they want, but they played like garbage too.

When I walked out of TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday, I thought "Man, neither of these teams can be proud of how they played today." Iowa can celebrate with Floyd all they want, but they played like garbage too.
I would like to get to the point where we can play like crap and win

Totally agree, I don't mind a low scoring game where the defenses are just playing great and dominating but that was as much terrible offensive play by both teams as it was any kind of outstanding defensive performances. Just painful to watch as neither team seemed to have a clue what to do on offense.

From a coaching standpoint I am sure that is one where Iowa's coaches walked out of there thrilled with the win but extremely frustrated with how their team played.

The sign for me was when MN punted on 4th and 3 from Iowa 41 for a touchback. Then Iowa on 4th and 1 took a delay of game to punt. It's 2016 Claeys and Ferentz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reporter reached the same conclusion as everyone else who suffered through watching that game.

Well, the Omaha World Herald is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet) and the Pioneer Press is owned by a hedge fund (Digital First Media) "harvesting what is left of the paper" (Star Tribune article from last May).

Top Bottom