Omaha World Herald: Minnesota HC Jerry Kill discusses his coaching philosophy & more

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Omaha World Herald: Minnesota HC Jerry Kill discusses his coaching philosophy & more

per the Omaha World Herald:

<iframe width="590" height="332" src="http://launch.newsinc.com/?type=VideoPlayer/Single&widgetId=1&trackingGroup=69016&siteSection=omahawh_spt_ncaa_sty_pp&videoId=29066896" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

Did you get everything you wanted to get out of spring practice?

We did. I think like everybody else, everybody has a different philosophy. With us, we need to get our young players ready. We’ve got to build some depth, so we need to locate some guys that can give us some minutes next year, then also fill in some gaps. We felt good about where we’re at with some of the guys that need to help us out, and they did a good job learning what to do, so we feel like overall it was a pretty good spring.

Talk a little bit about the “brick by brick” stuff you guys talk about. The motto you have about building your program.

Well, everywhere I’ve gone we’ve had a little bit different motto, and we try to fit it to the program. And when I took the job I said this one is like building a house, we are going to have to do this one brick by brick. ... And it’s just caught on. It’s been our brand, so to speak. It’s been good. I think we’ve laid some good bricks and I think we have the foundation down on the house.

http://www.omaha.com/sports/tbl-min...cle_ad7e5ba8-f9c7-11e4-9965-7b8559c0a7b8.html

Go Gophers!!

It still amazes me to some degree that we need to canvas other parts of the country to get this kind of insight on Kill while the local "journalists" pretty much just give us garbage.

I listed to the interview and added a nugget to my list of Killisms. Talking about the purpose of the the cancer fund, the list included "baby satters."

I listed to the interview and added a nugget to my list of Killisms. Talking about the purpose of the the cancer fund, the list included "baby satters."

I'm sure though he spells it correctly!:D

Top Bottom