OK State adding QR codes to helmets linked to NIL donation site

Nice, imagine “Reggie Ray” getting another concussion and people can then scan the QR code to donate or “Mox” throws another touchdown and gets a 5k donation. Insane times

Seems like just yesterday Mike Gundy was scolding reporters because his players are children and not pro athletes.

It almost literally was yesterday when he said that Gundy said no more NIL negotiations, scolding players and telling them to quit having their agents call and ask for more money. it's only football now, no more NIL talk.

Then, boom, QR codes the next day. Pretty funny really.

Is anyone actually pausing the game to scan a player's helmet?
I've spend my entire career in human computer interaction and UX design and I've spent way too much time trying to talk clients out of QR codes for most applications. They test horribly and people don't like them.

The idea of putting them on the back of players moving heads and bobbing helmets, then putting at least 11 of them near each other at once, then putting that on a TV that's going to be cutting from angle to angle and shot to shot....my head's going to explode.

I also just got an idea how to pull something like this off...

It almost literally was yesterday when he said that Gundy said no more NIL negotiations, scolding players and telling them to quit having their agents call and ask for more money. it's only football now, no more NIL talk.

Then, boom, QR codes the next day. Pretty funny really.

I’m sure the coaches’ agents are taking the season off too 🙄

I think we just get rid of player numbers and they’re all just QR codes now.
that really bad jump-cut practice video where people were making fun of Colorado had Instagram handles where the name usually goes. We'll find out week 1 if that's a gameday thing, I suppose.

I've spend my entire career in human computer interaction and UX design and I've spent way too much time trying to talk clients out of QR codes for most applications. They test horribly and people don't like them.

The idea of putting them on the back of players moving heads and bobbing helmets, then putting at least 11 of them near each other at once, then putting that on a TV that's going to be cutting from angle to angle and shot to shot....my head's going to explode.

Yeah they're all over the place but just spammed ... I don't think people like them.

Unrelated to OSU but for the love of St Pete what’s up with the animation and graphic-heavy infinite scroll webpages. Instinct is to scroll down for relevant info…and ten minutes later still scrolling just going like… WTF, should have just clicked on the tiny index link to get somewhere.

My yelling at clouds moment of the day.

Unrelated to OSU but for the love of St Pete what’s up with the animation and graphic-heavy infinite scroll webpages. Instinct is to scroll down for relevant info…and ten minutes later still scrolling just going like… WTF, should have just clicked on the tiny index link to get somewhere.

My yelling at clouds moment of the day.
Without going too deep it's the advent of mobile-first experiences and the desire to have one site that responds to what kind of device you are using.

Mobile devices and mass adoption of scrolling mice also made scrolling the easiest form of human computer interaction.

I'm currently trying to make the case to one of the largest websites in the world, one everyone here has used, why they should keep having a sub-navigation and not rely even more on infinite scrolling. It's a tough case - data shows that mobile really has eaten the world to a level that continually surprises me.

I'm currently trying to make the case to one of the largest websites in the world, one everyone here has used, why they should keep having a sub-navigation and not rely even more on infinite scrolling. It's a tough case - data shows that mobile really has eaten the world to a level that continually surprises me.

Do these people use these sites?

(Rhetorical)

They look cool, but usability is 👎 and upend decades of muscle memory. Like you mentioned the biggest companies seem to be worst. Don’t get me started on email. I guess I’m officially old.

He just wanted them to stop asking for MORE during the season and wait until the season is over.

I get that.
I can't even imagine the distraction this pay for play crap has become for coaching staffs to deal with.

I know some don't have any sympathy for coaches because of what they make but this whole thing is just ridiculous right now.

It is not surprising that we are seeing some coaches walk away because they don't want to deal with it.

Actually this is not true. When I was a kid I told Indiana University my mom was dead several times at her request and they kept calling her for money.
Back in the day when vendors called on land lines for my wife I would tell them she was duct taped and in the closet. She never found that funny for some reason.

Top Bottom