Ohio State - Texas

gopher7

Reaction score
Round one goes to Texas - the officials miss an obvious pass interference on 3rd and long.

Good move by Tressel mixing in Boeckman. Pryor would get eaten up by Texas in the obvious passing situations.

Round one goes to Texas - the officials miss an obvious pass interference on 3rd and long.

I'm sure they saw that.

Interesting fact: Ohio State has been in 3 of the last 6 Fiesta Bowls and won all of them. 2 of the three years they didn't win the Fiesta Bowl it was because they were busy playing in the National Championship game. And one of the Fiesta Bowls was the National Championsip Game.

Pryor

If OSU cannot stop the pass, Pryor will be pressed to pass and that could prove fatal for OSU. The kid has all the potential but is a weak passer at this point.

Pryor will be pressed to pass and that could prove fatal for OSU. The kid has all the potential but is a weak passer at this point.

A quarterback that can pass? Whoever heard of such a thing? That's crazy.

Agree 100%. You have to wonder why OSU is even playing Pryor at this point, his presence on the field is killing the offense. It still blows my mind how Ohio State can bench a 5th year, captain, returning 1st team all big 10 QB for a true freshman. You can get away with it against most of the Big Ten, but in the two tough games they've played against PSU and Texas, the offense has been pretty bad. You have to wonder if there was some under the table deal that Pryor would start X amount of games or something this year, in return for his commitment. I don't know how else to explain it.

Check out how winded the Buckeye defense is getting. That's embarrassing. They need to do whatever they can on offense to stay on the field.

I don't think Boeckman has played well at all this year. Looked horrible against USC, and some terrible throws tonight, even though it would be hard to settle down playing sparingly. The thing about Pryor is he is such a good runner and Ohio State needs that with the inconsistent line. I'm amazed at how fast Pryor is and seems to glide past Texas defenders, but yes his passing leads a lot to be desired.

The reason Boeckman is not looking great tonight is because every time he goes under center Texas knows he's going to throw downfield. Unfortunately for Boeckman it's too late for him to do anything in this game since Wells is out. Yes he did look bad against USC, but playing against that defense is not the game to judge a QB.

I loved the TD pass to Pryor, that was a great call, but then the Buckeyes had to go and screw it up by letting Pryor throw a pass on the 2-pt conversion.

The buckeyes defense has really stepped it up in the 4th. Beockman has made some nice plays but that drive was generated by Pryors legs.

HOLY COWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a drive by McCoy and Texas!

Pretty much game over after that sack.

24 points is the least Texas has scored all year.

What happened on that 2nd last pass by OSU? Were they looking short or deep? All they needed was two quick 8 yard passes and they could have let their kicker try a long FG. Boeckman held onto that for a long time.

Is it bad that I enjoyed watching Ohio State lose? I normally cheer for the Big 10, but there fans are so arrogant.

Is it bad that I enjoyed watching Ohio State lose? I normally cheer for the Big 10, but there fans are so arrogant.

Yea they are arrogant, but the fans of every Big 12 school has been ridiculously arrogant. Even fans of the crappy Big 12 teams are going on about how their conference was so amazingly good. I wanted the Big 12 to lose every bowl game.

OSU can be happy they did not get embarrassed

that is a moral victory for them. 0-3 in the last three years bowls. Pryor 66 yds passing, McCoy 414 yds passing. Pryor needs to learn to throw a football. He is about as good as T-Jack.

Ohio State basically won by showing up and giving the nation an entertaining BCS game, FINALLY.

I don't buy into the whole conference crap that the media forces down our throat. Texas won the game by an inch and if Pryor develops a passing game we all better watch out.

Yeah, I enjoyed watching OSU lose. And it's funny. I kinda like Tressel (his brother was head coach at Hamline for years and his kid coached for the Gophers) and Pryor is unbelievable (and when he gets any kind of passing consistency, he'll be an awesome pro).

But I just hate OSU.

I don't know why McCoy is sticking around at UT.

Pryor

will never get any kind of passing consistency, he has never passed at any level, his talent has allowed him to run because he has never been forced to sit back and sling it. He will not be a great pro, unless he switches positions. Colt McCoy threw it 59 times, Pryor threw 14 passes.

Top Bottom