Oh Oh!

ncgo4

Reaction score
He said that we're not going to be the West Coast offense or the East Coast offense or the spread offense. "We're going to be the Gopher offense." Let's hope this doesn't mean another two years of a learning process.

Doubtful. I would imagine we'll see the QB under center quite a bit more, but what i gather is that he plans to be multiple in his looks. What would you have called Shanahan's offense in Denver? I don't think you can tag it with a name, but it was effective, and showed many differant looks. The same goes for Billick. Both styles were very vertical, but favored a 2-back attack. I would imagine there will be a "shotgun/spread" package, but i'm willing to bet that we'll see something that looks a lot differant than what we saw with Dunbar. Fisch has plenty of time to work with Weber, Gray, & Nance before the start of next season.

There's a commen theme in many that were asked about Fisch:

Shanahan: "...he’s very charismatic and very smart."
Billick: "Jedd is one of the brightest coaches I’ve ever been around."
Capers: "Minnesota has a very bright, innovative young coach."
Brandon Stokley: "He’s a great mind."

I was told he's from a part of New Jersey where most people are highly educated. He probably won't have to follow someone else's playbook while he catches on. The question won't be whether he understands offense, but whether he keeps it simple enough for a whole team to grasp his vision.

There's a commen theme in many that were asked about Fisch:

Shanahan: "...he’s very charismatic and very smart."
Billick: "Jedd is one of the brightest coaches I’ve ever been around."
Capers: "Minnesota has a very bright, innovative young coach."
Brandon Stokley: "He’s a great mind."

I was told he's from a part of New Jersey where most people are highly educated. He probably won't have to follow someone else's playbook while he catches on. The question won't be whether he understands offense, but whether he keeps it simple enough for a whole team to grasp his vision.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that thought! He may come across a little like Linehan in his first year with the Vikes. He was good, but he did experiment on some plays that did not work out to well at time!

With this being his first OC position, I suspect he will put in an extra amount of effort to prove he belongs in the position.

Top Bottom