Official Miami (OH) Pregame thread

CrocShots

Not Minnesota Nice
Reaction score

They had last week off, but it's possible the the off week at this point might not be a benefit. Later in the season, when your team is tired and banged up, and off week can be good, but this early in the season, you might not have been able to shake off all of the cobwebs.

The nice think about Saturday coming up, there is an opportunity to make the pain from the last game go away. Can't wait for this week to move on and hopefully feel good after a win!!! Time for the players to make plays, coach can't catch the dropped balls or make passes more accurate.

ESPN's predictions:

"MIAMI (OHIO) at MINNESOTA

Brian Bennett: A tough game to predict, not knowing how the players will respond to the Jerry Kill situation. I'm thinking Kill returns to the sidelines and they play inspired to give their coach a dramatic first victory with the Gophers. ... Minnesota 21, Miami 20

Adam Rittenberg: I thought Minnesota would lose this game before the season, and then felt differently after the Gophers' gutsy performance at USC. But last week's clunker against New Mexico State soured me on Minnesota, and Miami has had two weeks to prepare. ... Miami 27, Minnesota 21"

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/tag/_/name/game-predictions-091511

Go Gophers!!

I will be driving up to Mpls this weekend to attend the game with my wife, almost 4 yr old son and my younger brother. I cant wait, my son has been watching youtube vids of Goldy and is ready to tell him to spin his head. We got some pretty good tix off of stub hub in section 138 row 2. Im really hoping they play inspired after all that went on last week. Were also going to the Vikes game on Sunday so it could either be a really good weekend or a very depressing sports weekend.

I'm coming down from Northern North Dakota this weekend, but it really is hard for me to try and imagine us winning this game. Kill has already said he had more talent at Northern Illinois than he does at Minnesota this year and if Miami (OH) can beat him with that team they will more than likely win pretty handily this weekend. They already know how Kill's teams play and this time it's with less talent than usual. I just really don't expect a win this week, as much as it hurts to say.

Running game

Hopefully we can get our running game ontrack against Miami. It is frustrating for me to watch the team try to establish a running game out of the shotgun, but perhaps it can be done. I also hope Marquies has the green light to take off at any point. This week I actually get to SEE the game as Comcast here in South Florida is carrying the game.

It's hard to predict. We haven't seen a lot of Miami with only the one game. I think if the Gophers can take advantage of opportunities, they win this game. Got to hit open receivers and we can't have drops.

tough to predict

We've seen two totally different Gopher teams thus far. Which one will show up on Saturday. If we play like we did against USC, we win by 10 to 21 points. If we play like we did against NMSU, we lose by 10 to 21. The team is simply not good enough yet to play with any consistency, it appears. That is the mark of a team that is below average in talent and I think it will take Kill 3 yrs to get the ship righted!

Let's bump this and get some talk about the upcoming game. I wish I had a better idea what to expect.

I don't think there's much talk about the game because there's simply not much to say. Nobody knows much about Miami, other than the fact that they were a good MAC team last year and the played Mizzou really tough in week 1. Other than that, Rittenberg pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly: I figured it would be a really difficult game even before the season started, and considering how poorly we played last week and the fact that Miami has been preparing for 2 weeks, I honestly expect an "L" tomorrow.

No idea what to expect. I can tell you what I WANT to see (within what I believe to be possible lol):

I wanna see the MarQueis Gray from the 4th Q of last game, who was aggressive running the ball, and also made some nice throws to keep the chains moving. They had three good drives, but only got 7 points though, which leads me to my next point:

I wanna see them convert short yardage and get SOME type of push up front. We may not have everything in place, but I still think we should more often than not be able to push in 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s.

I wanna see a sack. That is all.

I wanna see the defense play the 1st half like they've played the second half of both games. They've only given up 7 points in the 2nd half so far. They need to come out swinging rather than wait to take the blows first. Really both sides of the ball need to play with that 2nd half urgency they've shown in the first two games.

Lastly, obviously, I wanna see a win lol.

I wanna see them convert short yardage and get SOME type of push up front. We may not have everything in place, but I still think we should more often than not be able to push in 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s.

I wanna see a sack. That is all.

^This.

I will have to follow along on my phone because I'll be watching NIU (hopefully) beat Becky at Soldiers Field this weekend. Free tix, why not?

I believe the boys will come out inspired after all of the drama and lackluster start and play much better. I am predicting a tough fought win in this one by less than a TD. GO Gophs!

Not that it really matters, but of the posters in the New Mexico State forum, 22 pick Minnesota to win, 7 pick Miami. Of course, they have a bias, a Minnesota win makes their win look better.

I know it's asking a lot, but I'd love to see a few third down stops. :)

Minnesota obviously wasn't prepared for the New Mexico State game. That includes coaches and players. Let's hope they're prepared for this game.

Top Bottom