***OFFICIAL LOYOLA MARYMOUNT AT MINNESOTA GAME #2 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Well this is different, but it's a game at least. They say it's hard to beat a team twice in a season, but we'll now have the task of doing it twice in 3 days. Assuming we build a solid lead, let's hope we don't let it slip this time like we did a few days ago.

Knock them out early and don't let them hang around.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought robbins and johnson each showed improvement, would like them to take another positive step this game. Hopefully gabe can find the range. Also would be really nice if Ihnen showed out.

Starting dec. 15, the gophs play a 9 game gauntlet. Based on the AP rankings that came out today, here is the rankings of those 9 opponents:
Before that stretch we also play boston college, which is showing itself to be no slouch.

I am a touch worried about tonight simply because of the oddity of playing the same team in 3 days. Not that we aren't better but feels like it could be a tougher than expected contest just due to that

Starting dec. 15, the gophs play a 9 game gauntlet. Based on the AP rankings that came out today, here is the rankings of those 9 opponents:
Before that stretch we also play boston college, which is showing itself to be no slouch.
Awesome. What tremendous opportunity.

Every Big Ten game is always a tough win (minus Nebraska)

I'm not looking forward at the schedule because as we've seen with football it is very much subject to change. I look at each game as treat because tonight may be the last game of the season.

I don't think Loyola is as good as the Gophers. I think the second half against them on Saturday was promising. Guys are learning to play together, we have multiple playmakers, we didn't shoot particularly well from outside and won by 15. I'd like to see a same or bette result tonight.

Gauntlet? It's more like an Onslaught! Or maybe that's the same thing. Just sounds more apocalyptic. o_O

I'm not looking forward at the schedule because as we've seen with football it is very much subject to change. I look at each game as treat because tonight may be the last game of the season.

I don't think Loyola is as good as the Gophers. I think the second half against them on Saturday was promising. Guys are learning to play together, we have multiple playmakers, we didn't shoot particularly well from outside and won by 15. I'd like to see a same or bette result tonight.

I would think just due to the fewer numbers may be easier with basketball to avoid the virus. Hope so.

I would think just due to the fewer numbers may be easier with basketball to avoid the virus. Hope so.
Easier to avoid, but if you do get hit, knocking out 1 or 2 starters can completely cripple a team.

I am a touch worried about tonight simply because of the oddity of playing the same team in 3 days. Not that we aren't better but feels like it could be a tougher than expected contest just due to that

LMU appears to be a highly motivated and well coached team. Second time around against a group like that will be harder than the first. I hope we get a chance to a little more court time in pressure situation for Ihnen, Williams and a couple others who have not played much yet.

Robbins needs to stay out of foul trouble early. Losing him early last game was a big reason LMU could take advantage. Forced Omersa to have to play against Mullet. Liam can dominate their team, with the one exception of Markusson who has a slight height advantage over Robbins.

Robbins needs to stay out of foul trouble early. Losing him early last game was a big reason LMU could take advantage. Forced Omersa to have to play against Mullet. Liam can dominate their team, with the one exception of Markusson who has a slight height advantage over Robbins.

It sounds like Liam is out of shape which may be contributing to his foul problems. Back from a minor injury that limited him.

LMU appears to be a highly motivated and well coached team. Second time around against a group like that will be harder than the first. I hope we get a chance to a little more court time in pressure situation for Ihnen, Williams and a couple others who have not played much yet.

Why do I feel that the LMU coach will have something new to show and RP will throw out the same stuff? Shame on me!!! My hunch is that LMU will take better care of the ball and foul less. Can we expect the Gophers to shoot 53% from the three range again? And Carr to throw in close to 30?

I think this game comes down to which team can keep the D pressure on, stay out of foul trouble, how well LMU can contain Carr and, if so, who will step up?

Gophers 77
LMU 73

The clock stopped at 5 seconds left in the shot clock. That should have been a shot clock violation on LMU.

Maybe dont even play the game. Seems like announcers just want to spend 2 hours talking about Leaupepea.

Last edited:

This mullet guy reminds me of that Brazilian fat guy Nebraska had a few years back.

Both teams look horrible so far. Also really hard to watch Gabe keep struggling. Brandon Johnson looks like he's a good defender. That's my one positive so far.

Both teams look horrible so far. Also really hard to watch Gabe keep struggling. Brandon Johnson looks like he's a good defender. That's my one positive so far.
MN 6-15 FG
Carr + Gabe 2-8

It looks like he is a pretty good ball handler too.

Top Bottom