*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Limegrover is bad at his job. I'm laughing now at people thinking we were waiting for this game to show our true offense as if we were hiding our best plays. Average qb, average rbs, way below average wrs and a soft o line.

This.

I think so. I don't follow football recruiting all that closely, but sounds like he is the real deal. Granted, the same was said about Nelson.

Actually, Steveler is a runner who has a funky throwing motion that concerns folks as to whether he will be a QB long-term.

The only way for the Gophers to compete is to wait for our OL to get bigger... That means in two years, we'll have B10 caliber linemen, and we'll be able to compete with Iowa. Everyone was happy when we bullied the lesser teams in non-conference, but I knew we wouldn't be able to do the same in B10 play. We seriously need to work on our passing game to help our running game.

I've accepted that Limegrover will always be a run first OC... I've accepted that Kill will always be loyal to Limegrover. I've accepted that we won't be competitive in the B10 for another two years. The Defense is ahead of the Offense, so I'd say in another year we'll be B10 caliber on Defense.

Streveler will be in the mix next year. Is he supposed to a more accurate passer out of the three?

Hilarious! It's always next year or the next big thing for this FB program. I hear we have our eyes on an awesome, thousand star QB from Indy that is twice as good as Terrell Pryor......

The only way for the Gophers to compete is to wait for our OL to get bigger... That means in two years, we'll have B10 caliber linemen, and we'll be able to compete with Iowa.
I'm sorry but these excuses need to stop. Yes, we are a little young. We aren't THAT young anymore.

Our starting O-Line is:

1 RS-Frosh (by choice, they put him ahead of a senior and a junior)
2-RS-Soph (one of whom is like 24 years old)
2-RS Juniors

Iowa's offensive line is:

1 sophmore
2 juniors
2 seniors

Our defensive line is:
1 RS-Soph
2 Juniors
1 Senior

Iowa's defensive line is:

1 Sophmore
2 Juniors
1 Senior

That very slight difference in age is NO excuse for us getting our asses handed to us like we did today. Using youth as an excuse for everything is just a way to kick the can down the road one or two more years. This is year three under Kill. We shouldn't be getting pasted like this anymore, especially against mediocre teams like Iowa.

The only way for the Gophers to compete is to wait for our OL to get bigger...

Wha? Ben Lauer is 303 pounds. Epping is 321. Christiansen is 306. Bak is 302. Campion is 326. How much bigger do they need to be?

Actually, Steveler is a runner who has a funky throwing motion that concerns folks as to whether he will be a QB long-term.

Oh :(

I'm just going to permanently reside on the basketball board and pretend football doesn't exist.

Have always believed the O-Line is the key to any offense. Can make average QB's, RB's and WR's look good.

Same is true of the D-Line.

The two areas we were trampled.

That said, Nelson missed a lot of open throws. Likely due in some part to not practicing as much and getting timing down with receivers too.

Let's face it, our DEs are going to have a hard time in the B1G. Amafuala (sp) and Cockrane (sp) can't hold the edge against B1G OTs and that was obvious today. Hageman got worked today, too, which I didn't see coming. Wilson played pretty well and let's not forget Botticelli who really came to play. Overall, our run D today was pretty good but for the off tackle plays where our DEs and OLBs got worked. Nothing we can do about Hill until he graduates, but he's just not a B1G player, either.

So their running game and offense only became good when Russell Wilson was their QB?

Oh definitely not. But it isn't like they've ever really had a terrible QB lately. You need a QB who can hit wide open receivers with a good run game. Just someone who can keep the D Horst.

The Gophers didn't have that today (Vikings either really)

If teams can literally stack 9 in the box with no fear of your QB- you're rushing attack will be less effective for sure and probably won't work at all. No matter how good your rushing attack.

If the Gophers connect on half the wide open pass plays that were presented, running the ball would have been much easier.

The only way for the Gophers to compete is to wait for our OL to get bigger... That means in two years, we'll have B10 caliber linemen, and we'll be able to compete with Iowa. Everyone was happy when we bullied the lesser teams in non-conference, but I knew we wouldn't be able to do the same in B10 play. We seriously need to work on our passing game to help our running game.

I've accepted that Limegrover will always be a run first OC... I've accepted that Kill will always be loyal to Limegrover. I've accepted that we won't be competitive in the B10 for another two years. The Defense is ahead of the Offense, so I'd say in another year we'll be B10 caliber on Defense.

Our OL is not young. Campion is like 23 years old and other than Leuer they've been around for awhile. They played like pussies today and that's about all I can say about that. Limegrover is the guy who seems to be the weak link here and even if it's true it matters not because as long as Kill is here he's here.

Top Bottom