Offer up a non-Gopher related Big 10 football prediction

norman dale

Lord, grant me one Rose Bowl
Reaction score
A month ago I had started a thread throwing out a single prediction involving the Gophers for the 2015 season.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?61063-Offer-up-a-single-prediction-for-the-upcoming-2015-football-season&p=1042365#post1042365

Now that spring football is over let's take a stab at forecasting any sane or insane non-Gopher football Big 10 predictions.

Mine: barring injuries or transfers, when push comes to shove and Ohio State needs to convert a big 3rd down play late in a game, JT Barrett will be the one under center for the Buckeyes.

Mine?

Michigan State will beat Oregon, lose to Ohio State in an epic game, finish 11-1, go to the Rose Bowl, and its season will be considered disappointing by a significant portion of its fan base. That's the downside of the 4-team playoff for the national-title contending teams. ... for those that just miss being 1 of the chosen 4 their season may be viewed as sort of a letdown.

Michigan finishes below .500 overall in 2015.

2016 will be Bert's first year in Iowa.

paul chryst will not have the badgers in the bt tile game.

Nebraska will fail to hit their yearly (under Bo recently) 8-win basement and new guy will be on the hot seat.

Purdue will finish above Iowa and Wisconsin in the west.

Michigan will look slightly better this season, and the national media will fall all over themselves crediting Jim Harbaugh for "turning around the attitude" of the program.

Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa fire their head coaches in 2015.

Ohio States Big Ten win streak comes to an end.

Oh wait you said non-Gopher. My bad.

Watched both the Iowa and Wisconsin Spring games. If both Stave and CJ. Betherd go down they're
in serious trouble. Iowa very young on the OL and DL. Iowa has a good running back in Watley and good tightends. Wisconsin is slower this year; especially on defense. Stave led them to two touchdowns and then sat. Wheelwright made a nice catch, but he is the only WR who stood out. They've a good set of power back, but no one with the speed of Gordon. Still a good OL. I think both Iowa and Wisconsin will be hurting on defense. Iowa may struggle to get 6 wins. Wisconsin has a weak schedule other than Bama and they should get 7--8 wins and a minor bowl game. .

Illinois and Purdue will both win 7 games. Indiana and Northwestern again fail to qualify for a bowl game.

The guy hired to replace Bo Pelini will win less games than Bo Pelini did in even his worst year at Nebraska.

Also, Wisconsin does not win the West.

Ohio State goes undefeated. They won't lose to VT again and in the BIG all their tough games are at home. Their BIG road schedule is Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, and Michigan.

Wisconsin's lack of depth on both the Offensive Line and Defensive Line, catches up to them, as injuries hamper one or the other.

Vodka Sam will make a grand re-appearance by stumbling into Iowa's huddle during one of their games.

Vodka Sam will make a grand re-appearance by stumbling into Iowa's huddle during one of their games.

Ahh...the old "Boot and Rally" inspirational speech.

Get out there and win one for BLAUAUAUAUauaaauuuuuauuuuu!

Bring her on!!!

And tinyarch will lead Iowa in prayer for each of their conference games, if dpodoll doesn't step in. :drink::drink::drink:

Top Bottom