Off-Season Workouts: Week Five Recap Video (2021)

Very cool - and I don't care how big/strong you are, it would suck to be on the other end of any tug-a-war rope with Big Dan.

I'm curious if the team has been vaccinated. Wouldn't surprise me if they did, if all power 5 schools football programs at least have.

Only because Big Dan is there, from what i remember hearing, COVID was the main concern for him not playing.

Man, looks great and I think we blow the doors off many a foe this season.

The Gophers are all pumped up. They will surprise this coming season.

I'm curious if the team has been vaccinated. Wouldn't surprise me if they did, if all power 5 schools football programs at least have.

Only because Big Dan is there, from what i remember hearing, COVID was the main concern for him not playing.
I'd be curious who they got vaccines from if so.

Big Dan looks like he's in good shape already? I had gathered that was quite a concern given his injury to end 2019 and being away from the squad in 2020. Obviously you can only tell so much from these clips, but it certainly looks like he's headed in the right direction at the very least.

Love the video.

Spring ball is when we'll really know things.

Big Dan looks like he's in good shape already? I had gathered that was quite a concern given his injury to end 2019 and being away from the squad in 2020. Obviously you can only tell so much from these clips, but it certainly looks like he's headed in the right direction at the very least.
He also could have been keeping up a workout/rehab regiment on his own. Obviously it wouldn't have been as thorough or intense, but a combination of elastic bands, weights, and body weight allows you to do a lot even if you're keeping in your home or apartment and don't have much room.

He also could have been keeping up a workout/rehab regiment on his own. Obviously it wouldn't have been as thorough or intense, but a combination of elastic bands, weights, and body weight allows you to do a lot even if you're keeping in your home or apartment and don't have much room.

I am sure they did everything possible to help him stay in shape while he was out. The concern is legit though when talking about big guys like him if they get out of shape and put on a bunch of weight it can be dangerous to their health.

Definitely appears from the little bit of video that we have seen that Dan did a good job staying in pretty solid shape while he was away from the team.

It's really smart the way they make these sessions creative and filled with energy and with lots and lots of variety. It helps them stay mentally focused. A workout routine that never varies gets monotonous quickly, and people have a tendency to put themselves on 'auto-pilot' mentally, which degrades the intensity.

These are young kids. Some of that stuff, while grueling, looks like it would also be a lot of fun for a guy in his late teens/early 20s.

I am sure they did everything possible to help him stay in shape while he was out. The concern is legit though when talking about big guys like him if they get out of shape and put on a bunch of weight it can be dangerous to their health.

Definitely appears from the little bit of video that we have seen that Dan did a good job staying in pretty solid shape while he was away from the team.

His mom and siblings live here in town. Did they go back to Australia for part of the time? I have to believe that they stuck around here. Judging from appearance only, he must have kept in touch with the coaching and training staff.

His mom and siblings live here in town. Did they go back to Australia for part of the time? I have to believe that they stuck around here. Judging from appearance only, he must have kept in touch with the coaching and training staff.
If they left they likely wouldn't have been able to get back, or it would have at least been VERY difficult, so I would assume they've been here the whole time.

He also probably was able to stay on the nutrition plan (or well, likely a slightly altered one since he wasn't practicing with the team so he probably was burning less calories on average) that he has been on since joining the team.

I am concerned about the lack of weights on the sleds
Have you ever pushed a sled? Let alone at the speed they're doing it. They're basically running with the things.

Have you ever pushed a sled? Let alone at the speed they're doing it. They're basically running with the things.
Yes I have. The sleds shouldnt be bouncing up off the turf.

Yes I have. The sleds shouldnt be bouncing up off the turf.
It's not meant to be simulating a blocking sled that you might see on the football practice field.

Top Bottom