Odds of getting season tickets this year?

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
For those with a better understanding of ticketing. I found out that I am ~ 1,300 on the waitlist for season tickets. I have no clue if they'll get all the way through the list or only a certain part of the way through. What are my chances that I get them this year??

You should be pretty confident you'll get tickets.

There was an article in the STrib a couple weeks ago (and many threads around that same time discussing it if you want to go back in the archives) that made it sound like they cut season tik sales short in the fall, and that people on the waiting list should get tiks. Nobody from the U has come out and explicitly stated this, but that seems to be the speculation. Not sure if anyone can add anything to that discussion from a couple weeks back?

That's good news!

I submitted my waitlist app almost 2 months ago. I wonder how many people are on the waitlist now??

That's good news!

I submitted my waitlist app almost 2 months ago. I wonder how many people are on the waitlist now??
As of 4/16 is was approximately 2,000 accounts. Here's the article sonnygarcia mentions: http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Key quote:
The university is in the midst of the seat selection process for season ticket-holders that started March 30 and runs through early June. Maturi said the process is about 16 percent complete. The current season-ticket base is 29,110 -- excluding students -- and there is a waiting list of about 2,000 that is expected to translate to at least 5,000 tickets.

Next up: Student season-ticket sales start April 25. The university will sell up to 8,000 season tickets to students this spring, holding an extra 2,000 for incoming freshmen and transfers this fall.

The goal is to sell at least 40,000 season tickets, including student sales, for next fall. Capacity for the new stadium is about 51,000.

You'll get in, pharmacygopher. There may very well be some preferred seats still available when your time comes.

Top Bottom