OC/DC

balds

Reaction score
After reading the stories about each the past two days, it's hard not to like either fellow as much as coach Kill. I think we may have stumbled into something really promising here. Miami can have Golden and Fisch, I'll take this group.

On a side note, a friend of mine is a friend of a player on N. Illinois. He hears that Kill is a remarkable person and as hard a worker as you can find. Sounds like it's hard to find a player that doesn't love him.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players are in for a rude awakening and dislike him and his discipline (at least at first). I think most of them will come around in a season or two. It sounds like Brewster was a really hard worker as well (sleeping in his office?) but the remarkable person/discipline side of things was up for debate.

Jew-Jew obviously proved this theory wrong....Of course that's not his own guy.

Brewster

From what I've heard, Brewster was good at getting guys to believe in themselves, just not good at preparing them to have those beliefs be legitimate. I think Kill will be the polar opposite.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players are in for a rude awakening and dislike him and his discipline (at least at first). I think most of them will come around in a season or two. It sounds like Brewster was a really hard worker as well (sleeping in his office?) but the remarkable person/discipline side of things was up for debate.

There are people who spend a lot of time working who get absolutely nothing done.

There are people who spend a lot of time working who get absolutely nothing done.

Agreed. I like the motto, "work smarter not harder." Of course, working hard is a good thing too but you get my point.

Jew-Jew obviously proved this theory wrong....Of course that's not his own guy.

From what I heard, JewJew hadn't gone to classes like his last month of school and didn't even show up to a single final. It sounds like JewJew wasn't going to come back if we had hired Jesus Christ, Tony Dungy, Megan Fox or some combo of the three.

Like Bud Grant once said....'if you sleep in your office it just means you live too far from work.'

Would The Hiring of Jesus Been Realistic?

From what I heard, JewJew hadn't gone to classes like his last month of school and didn't even show up to a single final. It sounds like JewJew wasn't going to come back if we had hired Jesus Christ, Tony Dungy, Megan Fox or some combo of the three.

Jesus' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, supposedly was asking for a lot of money, very long term contact with a huge buyout. Not only that but when they met with Joel Maturi and President Bruiniks, Jesus wanted a free place to stay! He handed Maturi three old long nails and said, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"

td-jesus.jpg

Jesus' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, supposedly was asking for a lot of money, very long term contact with a huge buyout. Not only that but when they met with Joel Maturi and President Bruiniks, Jesus wanted a free place to stay! He handed Maturi three old long nails and said, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"

td-jesus.jpg

Wow dude... :eek:

td-jesus.jpg

I hate Dallas.

"Wow Dude" Was Also Maturi's Response.....

Wow dude... :eek:

When he asked Jesus about how he planned to recruit players to Minneapolis?

Jesus responded rather vaguely..."Seek and ye shall find."

Prexy B was also somewhat dumbfounded when he asked Jesus if the Gophers would play aggressively on both sides of the ball?

Jesus response...“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Apparently, the interview was terminated at this point.

jesus_football.jpg

When he asked Jesus about how he planned to recruit players to Minneapolis?

Jesus responded rather vaguely..."Seek and ye shall find."

Prexy B was also somewhat dumbfounded when he asked Jesus if the Gophers would play aggressively on both sides of the ball?

Jesus response...“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Apparently, the interview was terminated at this point.

jesus_football.jpg

Moses was also interviewed, but when Maturi asked him about his desire to win trophy games he responded "Thou shalt not covet."

He did, however, follow this up by saying that he would lead the Gophers to the promised land.

Moses was also interviewed, but when Maturi asked him about his desire to win trophy games he responded "Thou shalt not covet."

He did, however, follow this up by saying that he would lead the Gophers to the promised land.

We have already been wandering around in the dessert for quite awhile... I wouldn't want Moses keeping us here for another 40 years before taking us to the promise land.

Top Bottom