OC - Cut & Paste from the newspaper.

Wahoo McDaniel

Reaction score
A Little Birdie from the PP reports...

"It still appears St. Louis Rams assistant Jeff Horton could be named Gophers offensive coordinator on Monday, although no offers have been made. Other names surfacing are Oklahoma State co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Gunter Brewer and Cleveland Browns quarterbacks coach Rip Scherer. However, Scherer was only a mild consideration."

It will be a better recruitment weekend if they have the OC lined up. Can't imagine Wingo would sign with a school without some clarity on that. Brewer sounds good. Horton might be okay. Hohensee to me would be interesting and might work, especially paired with Davis.

Nobody has said much about the Davis hire. That was the deal that drove Dunbar off. Would it be impossible that a guy with his resume get a shot at OC. Of course now it is hard to do now but he has some experience. Mostly O line and tight ends and player personnel but at good places. I guess you have to have someone who has put all the pieces of an offense together and has developed a philosophy and an offensive scheme. On the other hand you are trusting him as the running game coach and he hasn't really worked with that little item called running backs.

Hey Wahoo - why don't you and Lawrence set a time and a place where you two can go piss and moan about people posting things out of the newspaper, take as much time as you need, get it out of your system, and then never mention it here again?

Please?

For the love of God?

dpodoll68...where in Wahoo's post does he complain about posting things from the newspaper?

Class of 66...Didn't Brewster run Dunbar off? Do you think Dunbar decided he had had enough? I'm just curious.

GopherMac - if you have been paying attention the last few days, he and lawrence21 have been taking turns bitching about people posting things from the newspaper. Because, you know, everyone who follows the Gophers obviously has subscriptions to both the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press, and arises daily at 5 am with a wanton lust to devour the information contained therein. Moreover, they sit at their desks all day and click refresh constantly on both sites, hoping Marcus Fuller and/or Kent Youngblood will post some new blog information. Anyone who can see the benefit from disseminating this information to those who may not have access to those newspapers is clearly a chowderhead and does not deserve to live, much less be allowed to post on this forum.

The fact that he titled the thread "cut & paste" is an indicator of his derision for this practice.

one thing that Horton presents is that he was a coach under Scott Linehan. Scott Linehan is really trademarked for his power running game. I believe that hiring Horton would allow a peaceful coexistance between Davis and the passing coordinator.

Top Bottom