O line going forward

Ole

Reaction score
Damned if you do damned if you don't
I'm really concerned where the Oline goes from here. Shifting in new starters probably hurts what small amount of chemistry has been achieved so far. Trey Davis will be a fine replacement at center, but bottom line, we don't have talented O linemen right now.
As the season goes on, I think we'll see a trend of beating up teams with bad Dlines and being worked over by teams with good ones. God help us if we can't get better before Iowa.
Going forward to next year, I really hate the idea of guys like Michel and Olson seeing time right away. Again, vicious cycle, bad Oline depth forces young guys into lineup too early, results are bad.
The best outcome is Careful and Wills having a great offseason, gaining alot more strength and chemistry on the right side, locking down those spots and allowing younger guys to feed off their experience. I have to wonder if Wynn is back in the picture next year also.
Overall, there's alot of question marks for a unit that needs to be good for any team success to happen. Thoughts?

Top Bottom