NU's Evan Hull, db Cam Mitchell, wr Donny Navarro declare for draft (add Skoronski)

swingman

Reaction score
Three of Fitz's better players passing on more time in the Dyche. Hull was leading rusher, number 2 rcvr. Navarro was no. 3 rcvr. Mitchell best db.

RT Skoronski out of eligibility; Jah Joyner will miss the first team allBig ten rt.

WR Malik Washington in portal (top rcvr in 22)

Last edited:

Three of Fitz's better players passing on more time in the Dyche. Hull was leading rusher, number 2 rcvr. Navarro was no. 3 rcvr. Mitchell best db.

RT Skoronski out of eligibility; Jah Joyner will miss the first team allBig ten rt.

Tough to imagine a quick turnaround for NW. Hard place to have a consistent winning product.

Rather see Hull enter the transfer portal (if he still has eligibility) and play a season at home.

Skoronski is a LT. He's also definitely not out of eligibility, as he's a true junior.

I'd be shocked if Hull is drafted and even more shocked if he ever plays a meaningful down in the NFL. Leaving college eligibility on the table is stupid for someone in his shoes. Stay at a world-class institution and try to get a Master's for free if you can.

Well can't they decide to go back if the evaluation isn't favorable?

RB is weird sometimes. Pacheco from Rutgers got drafted after a pedestrian college career. He’s got a higher ypc in the nfl than he had in college.
Very true.

I'm not second-guessing his decision because he and those around him probably have spoken to people who have analyzed his chances at the next level. He's a redshirt junior who either will likely have his degree or be close to it, so there's no use sticking around and getting beat up more for a team that he has to carry. Solid stats and has shown he can catch the ball. He reminds me some of Rodney Smith.

Rather see Hull enter the transfer portal (if he still has eligibility) and play a season at home.
I'd agree, but wouldn't it be awkward between him and PJ? I remember reading a story on here from someone who knew Hull's dad and said that PJ sat down with them and asked what he'd do if offered a scholarship and Hull said something like he'd have to think it over, etc. and PJ left the room, never came back, and the janitor showed up like a half hour later?

If true, it would be a little awkward for PJ to recruit him now? Anyone else remember this?

I'd agree, but wouldn't it be awkward between him and PJ? I remember reading a story on here from someone who knew Hull's dad and said that PJ sat down with them and asked what he'd do if offered a scholarship and Hull said something like he'd have to think it over, etc. and PJ left the room, never came back, and the janitor showed up like a half hour later?

If true, it would be a little awkward for PJ to recruit him now? Anyone else remember this?
I remember the story. Maybe PJ also eats awkward situations for breakfast.

Skoronski is a LT. He's also definitely not out of eligibility, as he's a true junior.

I'd be shocked if Hull is drafted and even more shocked if he ever plays a meaningful down in the NFL. Leaving college eligibility on the table is stupid for someone in his shoes. Stay at a world-class institution and try to get a Master's for free if you can.
I think Hull plays in the NFL for a bit. He is fast and is a good fit for the NFL (catches the ball, blocks, etc.). I don't think his odds get better by staying, so I'm in the opposite camp. Go get paid and if it doesn't work out, school is still sitting there for you.

Skoronski to draft

I don't devour mock drafts, but Skoronski sits in the top ten-to-twelve guys on most that I've seen. Awesome bloodlines as his grandfather was the starting LT for the Packers' 1960s-era dynasty.

Yeah that was me. His stepdad works with my brother and he was telling my brother about the recruiting visit and that’s what he said. I have no idea what went on or didn’t but my bro asked me my thoughts and I was shocked but the dad swears up and down that’s how it went down. I think they wanted him as a PWO as his offers came late for NW and I think K State. He eats, sleeps and dreams football and playing on Sunday. Eats clean, doesn’t drink or party I guess, sounds like a good kid from my discussions with my brother. All about the game 24/7. I think he’s made himself into a good player. Big enough, fast enough with good hands. He will get a shot anyway which is all any kid with a dream could ask for. Hope he makes it! (Course hope Mo makes it to and I feel certain he will…Mo has vision like I’ve never seen and has power to not go down on first contact, very coveted in the NFL)

I don't devour mock drafts, but Skoronski sits in the top ten-to-twelve guys on most that I've seen. Awesome bloodlines as his grandfather was the starting LT for the Packers' 1960s-era dynasty.
Made Jah Joyner's big coming out party against him all that more impressive. That kid is on the fast track to being very good.

Made Jah Joyner's big coming out party against him all that more impressive. That kid is on the fast track to being very good.
Yep, I have no problem with us adding veteran DL through the portal but Jah Joyner looked really good at the end of the year. I think he will be an NFL player.

Top Bottom