NSD signees

hungan1

Reaction score
What will be the surprise stories for the Gophers on NSD?

Walker Lee Ashley finally enrolls at the U of M?

Probably none. Last year the only surprise was that Dinero Moss didn't qualify. Things have been rather predictable in Jerry land.

Probably none. Last year the only surprise was that Dinero Moss didn't qualify. Things have been rather predictable in Jerry land.

Does this really bother you? I've seen you mention it about a half dozen times or so.

Does this really bother you? I've seen you mention it about a half dozen times or so.
I think that's the second time, unless you can find four more cases. What about how I'm stating it bothers you? He specifically asked a question that I answered. It wasn't a non-sequitur. It wasn't a tangent. He asked a one sentence question, and I gave a two sentence (likely factual) answer.

Does that indicate that I'm "really bothered"?

I want to see Tedric in maroon & gold for sure, and I'd like it if the Gophers can sign a high caliber DB prospect from over commitments. I am beginning to like how this class is shaping out. The PWOs in particular.

GO GOPHERS!

I think that's the second time, unless you can find four more cases. What about how I'm stating it bothers you? He specifically asked a question that I answered. It wasn't a non-sequitur. It wasn't a tangent. He asked a one sentence question, and I gave a two sentence (likely factual) answer.

Does that indicate that I'm "really bothered"?

Whoa. I just thought it was interesting that you had brought it up once unprompted and now again. For whatever reason, the first time you posted it I was under the impression that you thought it was a negative that signing days would be extremely predictable. My apologies if I misinterpreted your response.

To answer the OP question and stay on topic, Neiko Robinson and Donovahn Jones may be the only potential highly sought after surprises.

I would say that being predictable is better than being unpredictable in this case. It would be nice to get a big shocker on signing day as a fan, but for the program I'm more interested in that they have a plan that works and they stick with it. Because Kill clearly prefers that a player visits before signing, it really diminishes the likelihood of there being someone we didn't already consider (and with the amount of info now out there, this is becoming the case pretty much everywhere).

To answer the OP question and stay on topic, Neiko Robinson and Donovahn Jones may be the only potential highly sought after surprises.

Long shot but how about Brandon Arnold. Late visitor and Oregon State is set to sign 2 other safeties. And maybe, just maybe Mr. Andrews does pull the shocker on signing day that he mentioned earlier and flips back taking Mr. White with him. :) Hey a guy can hope can't he?

Long shot but how about Brandon Arnold. Late visitor and Oregon State is set to sign 2 other safeties. And maybe, just maybe Mr. Andrews does pull the shocker on signing day that he mentioned earlier and flips back taking Mr. White with him. :) Hey a guy can hope can't he?

I was thinking about Mr. Andrews also, but in addition maybe that A.J. would eat humble pie and ask for another chance.

Dr.Don

I was thinking about Mr. Andrews also, but in addition maybe that A.J. would eat humble pie and ask for another chance.

You really need to stop standing outside against your chain link and facing west into that cold North Dakota wind. It is effecting your thinking. Hopefully when spring comes you will regain your sense-abilities.:rolleyes:

You really need to stop standing outside against your chain link and facing west into that cold North Dakota wind. It is effecting your thinking. Hopefully when spring comes you will regain your sense-abilities.:rolleyes:
I don't think Aj could ever eat humble pie, and if he has enrolled at Houston, there is no chance anyway.

I'm not sure either would really be a surprise. They are both soft commits, have both visited, and have us listed in their top 2-3.

Nate Andrews would be a surprise. Someone like Jack Cotrell would be a surprise. I think we basically all know who the 4-5 guys in contention are at this point.

I could care less about Onwualu and Brookins. The one MN recruit I wish would flip on NSD is Jack Cottrell. I think he will shine at BC much like Tarpley has done at Stanford.

I could care less about Onwualu and Brookins. The one MN recruit I wish would flip on NSD is Jack Cottrell. I think he will shine at BC much like Tarpley has done at Stanford.

I'm with you on Cottrell. I think he's a legitimate Big 10 caliber MLB and that he will do well at BC. I don't think he's a similar player to Tarpley. It was very strange that we spent so little energy considering him. He never received a Gopher offer. I wonder if he told the coaches that he wanted to go away for college. I don't know, he's a talented guy.

I'm with you on Cottrell. I think he's a legitimate Big 10 caliber MLB and that he will do well at BC. I don't think he's a similar player to Tarpley. It was very strange that we spent so little energy considering him. He never received a Gopher offer. I wonder if he told the coaches that he wanted to go away for college. I don't know, he's a talented guy.

I am pretty sure that is exactly what was reported earlier. He committed and turned off his recruitment, even after some coaching changes.

Top Bottom