Now that things have calmed down a bit..

From the Barn

Reaction score
Really, one door for the students, against a nationally ranked team? Who thought of this one? At an educational institution someone thought this would work? Ever taken a physics class there mister door opener decider guy?

Don't do it again.

Along with that, why Why WHY can't the ticket windows open earlier on game day. I hung out with an entryway full of students for almost an hour until they opened up at 6:20 pm before the game. This isn't black Friday, just open it up when the place is starting to fill up, I know there are people there to do it, so just do it.

Bud Light Presents Real Men Of Genuis
( real men of genuis )

Here's to you Mr. Door Opener Decider Guy
( mr. door opener decider guy )

Don't know the rest but that just sounds too much like a Bud Light commercial. :D

Outside your fortress of glassy solitude stands an angry crowd, growing by the minute. You could let them in, but you don't. In stead you stand there arms folded with the smug sense of self satisfaction written on your face.

So here's to you oh creighten of the canverous cave. You sir, have Balls...I mean moxie.

I think it might have been the security guard's decision. Possibly. His name is Jim, next time you see him let him know how you feel.

The doors, or should I say door, to let students in did open 10 minutes earlier than usual last night. I assume this was only to allow security to run the new pat-down of sweatshirts and coats that started a few weeks ago. I'm guessing the "need" for these pat-downs is also the reason that only a single door opens for the students.

I think they may have opened ten minutes early because the entry way had become so crowded that people were beginning to stand outside. Considering the temperature and the fact most people had to walk a long way to even get to William's, I think it was smart on the event staff's part not to let their fans stand out in the cold. That being said, the current system sucks a$$. The security guards just slow things down, and rarely, if ever find anything. I see people all around me who have been able to sneak in food and beverages.

Outside your fortress of glassy solitude stands an angry crowd, growing by the minute. You could let them in, but you don't. In stead you stand there arms folded with the smug sense of self satisfaction written on your face.

So here's to you oh creighten of the canverous cave. You sir, have Balls...I mean moxie.

Now that there's funny....spit up my Diet Coke funny.

I have the feeling moxie is going to have a whole new meaning for us this year!

Also, it would be nice if they had a better line system. It makes me mad when I show up a couple hours early, and then someone just walks to the front right before the doors open and tries to squeeze in from the side.

Yesterday some Dad and his little kid showed up 5 minutes before the door opened and end up cutting nearly all the students who had been waiting for a long time. I didn't want to tell him off because he had a little kid with him. Why is he bringing a kid in the student section anyway?

does anyone else get mad when they see old people in the student section??? thats one thing that pisses me off. your old. you should be able to afford your own tickets. if you are going to sit in the student section you should at least look like one. Watching the Pitt game today, i didnt see any gray haired, old guys with plaid shirts in their student section.

does anyone else get mad when they see old people in the student section??? thats one thing that pisses me off. your old. you should be able to afford your own tickets. if you are going to sit in the student section you should at least look like one. Watching the Pitt game today, i didnt see any gray haired, old guys with plaid shirts in their student section.

Maybe they are students. I was unaware that there was an age limit.

Boner...We oldtimers made the BARN what it is. I suggest you back off a little. If you live long enough, you will be old and gray sometime yourself. So please stop the childish insults. You, my spoiled little turd, have NO MOXIE!!!!!! Thank you.

Not sure I'd say it the same way, but I agree with boner. I sat behind the cheer squad for several years (been in "real" seats the last 2) and without fail there were the same couple of not-student people right in the front of the student section - or at least I'm 99.4% sure they were not students.

My complaint isn't age, it's lack of vocal fortitude. If you sit in the student section, let alone the FRONT of the student section, you better be cheering and yelling and contributing to a hostile atmosphere for the other team. The people in front of me failed on all accounts.

I brought my dad to a couple games, but I always made sure we let louder people up front. It's student section etiquette. I'm with you boner. If you aren't a student buy a real ticket (or at least don't sit in the front of the student section).

Demand will sort this problem out - when you have more actual students that want to be there than available tickets it will resolve itself.

Dr Don, is right. he is one of the best gopher fans I have ever known. You stayed proud through the good and the bad! Folks, this guy has seen it all.

If you just show up at the 16 minute time out because you were drinking at the bar and ended up getting there late, you don't have to worry about it.

Not sure I'd say it the same way, but I agree with boner. I sat behind the cheer squad for several years (been in "real" seats the last 2) and without fail there were the same couple of not-student people right in the front of the student section - or at least I'm 99.4% sure they were not students.

My complaint isn't age, it's lack of vocal fortitude. If you sit in the student section, let alone the FRONT of the student section, you better be cheering and yelling and contributing to a hostile atmosphere for the other team. The people in front of me failed on all accounts.

I brought my dad to a couple games, but I always made sure we let louder people up front. It's student section etiquette. I'm with you boner. If you aren't a student buy a real ticket (or at least don't sit in the front of the student section).

Demand will sort this problem out - when you have more actual students that want to be there than available tickets it will resolve itself.

thanks borninthebarn you said it better than i did. i just cant stand from the barn because i know he isnt a student and he sits in the student section, and he is more than likely pretty lame. I just let my emotions get the best of me.

The cameras love me, what can I say? I was even "fan of the game" once last year. I acquired my tickets in a perfectly legit manner, and get my spot by getting their earlier than you do.

Speaking of the entrance, was anyone else catching heat from the big rent-a-cop? He almost tore my coat clean off frisking it, and he cofiscated the student tickets of a couple of guys in front of where I was sitting. I realize that there's always two sides to any story, but that guy seemed like he was on a roll last night.

Top Bottom