Notre Dame's Brian Kelly:" all of my football players are at-risk -- all of them"

Their admissions people are lying to make their school seem more elite? I'm shocked!!!

They aren't turning away students with 36 ACT scores. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Good point again.
Your (uninformed) opinion is fact. I bow down to you.

Notre Dame is not brown. I tried to find this same thing for Notre Dame and could not.
http://www.brown.edu/admission/undergraduate/explore/admission-facts

Brown gets about 30,000 applicants per year and about a 9% acceptance rate. Less than 25% of those with perfect ACT scores get in.

Notre Dame has made claims less than half of perfect ACT scores get in. They have about 18,000 applicants per year and about a 21% acceptance rate.

If even 1 perfect ACT score gets denied per year, I am right and you are wrong.

Lol. You are off reality. Enjoy denial.
There is unbelievable irony in your post.

Do you really believe Notre Dame is so much worse than the Ivy's, Stanford, and MIT/CIT's of the world where they deny over 75% of perfect ACT scores yet Notre Dame never denies any?

Do you even realize you are claiming that Notre Dame never denies any perfect ACT scores?

I checked, there are a little over 1400 perfect ACT scores a year, it's not too hard to believe that some get turned down by selective schools, when essay requirements and diversity goals are considered.

Only one school uses ACT (or SAT) only for admission

As far as I know there is only one school in the country that admits students SOLELY (excluding felonies, etc ) on the basis of ACT or SAT scores and that is Harvey Mudd. They want smart kids and don't care about anything else. They admit about 200 kids per year and the middle 50% have ACT scores of 33 - 35. They tried one year of admitting kids taking into account other factors but that class had a fairly high washout rate - they couldn't cut the course work so they went back to just looking at standardized scores. If you have an ACT fo 36 you will get into Mudd but you may not get into Stanford.

https://www.hmc.edu/admission/discover/

As far as I know there is only one school in the country that admits students SOLELY (excluding felonies, etc ) on the basis of ACT or SAT scores and that is Harvey Mudd. They want smart kids and don't care about anything else. They admit about 200 kids per year and the middle 50% have ACT scores of 33 - 35. They tried one year of admitting kids taking into account other factors but that class had a fairly high washout rate - they couldn't cut the course work so they went back to just looking at standardized scores. If you have an ACT fo 36 you will get into Mudd but you may not get into Stanford.

https://www.hmc.edu/admission/discover/

Pretty sure Harvey Mudd is the most expensive school in the US, so there is one more requirement beyond ACT scores. ACT, $, and no felonies.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

There is unbelievable irony in your post.

Do you really believe Notre Dame is so much worse than the Ivy's, Stanford, and MIT/CIT's of the world where they deny over 75% of perfect ACT scores yet Notre Dame never denies any?

Do you even realize you are claiming that Notre Dame never denies any perfect ACT scores?

You are claiming that it is a common practice. Got any proof?

You are claiming that it is a common practice. Got any proof?

You want more proof? It's not like someone is going to post something on here as fact if it isn't a fact. Being on here is proof enough for me.

Agree. There is no chance that ND is turning down kids with perfect ACT scores. That's nonsense.

I got wait listed and ultimately turned down by Notre Dame with a 32 ACT and a ~3.9 unweighted GPA from a Catholic HS. In 2010.

No clue at what rate they turn down 36 ACTs, but that doesn't change the fact it's damn difficult to get in.

Dumb thing to argue about. The average ACT of admitted freshman at the U this year was 28.something. I doubt a single football scholarship recruit had a 28, and I bet only two or so even had a 25.

It happens at ND, it happens everywhere.

Sorry, but I have to think you just pulled that number off the top of your head with no actual knowledge of the median ACT score for the entire University. Perhaps a specific college within the University has a median of 28, but the entire University will not be included. However...you can prove me wrong by providing a link to the data.

Sorry, but I have to think you just pulled that number off the top of your head with no actual knowledge of the median ACT score for the entire University. Perhaps a specific college within the University has a median of 28, but the entire University will not be included. However...you can prove me wrong by providing a link to the data.

His number is correct. I don't work in Admissions, but I partner very closely with them for my job. The average ACT score for accepted freshmen in Fall 2015 is 28.8, and that's across the entire University.

His number is correct. I don't work in Admissions, but I partner very closely with them for my job. The average ACT score for accepted freshmen in Fall 2015 is 28.8, and that's across the entire University.

i feel like making a snarky comment about you having a job while being on this message boars all day.

but i won't

Top Bottom