Notre Dame in the Hawaii bowl.

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
i want to complain that they only got in because they are ND, but i can't think of any deserving teams that got the shaft.

anyone have anything?

It's too bad there fan base gets to go to Hawaii for a game, but they still have to suffer and watch a Charlie Weiss team. I hate ND.

I really wanted to see Notre Dame in the Texas Bowl so Rice could hang 60 on them.

Notre Dame vs. Hawaii = smug vs. thug. I really dislike Hawaii, but I hate Notre Dame. I'll just root for the game to be a dud so hopefully it gets put on the fast track to extinction.

It's the irrelevant bowl...

...as no one will be watching. Isn't that game on Christmas Eve??

Same as the fallen tree in the forest...

GM

how embarrasing

losing to Hawaii. We did once. ND has reached the bottom.

ND is an absolute joke. They get top 5 recruiting classes each year and can't do sh*t with the kids. Man would it be fun watching the Rainbow Warriors beat the Irish when the truth is the two schools shouldn't be used in the same sentence when speaking football.

I really wanted to see Notre Dame in the Texas Bowl so Rice could hang 60 on them.

Notre Dame vs. Hawaii = smug vs. thug. I really dislike Hawaii, but I hate Notre Dame. I'll just root for the game to be a dud so hopefully it gets put on the fast track to extinction.

I watched Cincinatti vs. Hawaii this weekend. It seemed like a trap game, but Cincinatti escaped. Lots of distractions, and why in the world did Cincinatti agree to play a game that went into the middle of the night?

I watched Cincinatti vs. Hawaii this weekend. It seemed like a trap game, but Cincinatti escaped. Lots of distractions, and why in the world did Cincinatti agree to play a game that went into the middle of the night?

Every game played in Hawaii is a trap game. Aloha Stadium is like playing in a zoo - the fans are eager for a fight, and so are the players.

When the game was scheduled, I'm sure Cincinnati didn't think they'd be going over there with a BCS bid sewn up. In fact, they probably scheduled it thinking that they could sell it to recruits as a guaranteed "bowl" trip - "Come play for us, and besides playing for a BCS team, you're assured of going to Hawaii."

The question is how does Hawaii get an invite to a bowl in it's own back yard... wait... USC is getting the same treatment.

I think we can all agree that seeing ND lose, no matter what the circumstances are, is fun. I'm sure their fan base will still travel well, even though it will be ridiculously expensive to go to Hawaii over Christmas... maybe they should have saved their bowl travel dollars and spent it on buying out Weis' contract.

Top Bottom