Notes from Jerry Kill's KFAN show

jaymil

Reaction score
This won't be very thorough but Kill has touched on a few things that are noteworthy:

- Timms has a chance to play this week

- Gary Moore might play eventually, possibly this week

- Alex Kieth will be out this week, might play against TCU

- Cody Poock has been practicing with contact recently, not sure on if he'll play this year or not

I'll add anything else below as the show continues.

Kill - "I wasn't very happy" regarding EIU continuing to go for onside kicks at the end of the game.

Great news on Timms. DT position needs him.

Get Moore in the mix now - his redshirt will not stay on all year.

Glad to hear Kieth may be back for TCU. Very good news.

How can Poock play this year? Don't rush him back. We will need him next year when Lynn moves over to MLB.

Great Info. Thanks jaymil

D. Peppers is still developing, "has a ways to go", Kill said.

Definitely good news on Timms and Keith that their injuries appear to be of the short term variety and not the long term. Going to need all the bodies we can along the DL heading into Big Ten season.

Definitely good news on Timms and Keith that their injuries appear to be of the short term variety and not the long term. Going to need all the bodies we can along the DL heading into Big Ten season.

Exactly. And thanks for the updates jaymil.

Kill - "I wasn't very happy" regarding EIU continuing to go for onside kicks at the end of the game.

If he didn't like the second and third onside kicks, he should tell his team to not go offsides so that they only need to do it once.

The sky is not falling at nearly the rate I had anticipated, and it is making me uncomfortable.

Bud Grant did that 3 or 4 times once to start a pre-season game or start the second half. Anyone remember?

IF Poock can help us win games this year why not play him?

How can Poock play this year? Don't rush him back. We will need him next year when Lynn moves over to MLB.

Great Info. Thanks jaymil[/QUOTE]

I don't see the agnst about Poock playing being a problem. Coaches would not put him in their if he wasn't cleared.
If the guy is practicing in contact and playing well why not play the guy? Him getting in the games would help, Campbell, Lynn and Wilson rotate out with Lynn rotatin in some at middle linebacker. I don't see how Poock playing would be a bad thing, if he is medically cleared than why not play him? Would be better to be a little deeper at linebacker and from the practice notes sounds like Poock can help the Gophers win games.

Top Bottom