Notable Halftime Shows/Events in 2011-12 (no Red Panda)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Dec. 3 vs. USC: 1972 B1G Championship Reunion
Dec. 10 vs. St. Peter's: 1982 B1G Championship Reunion
Jan. 28 vs. Illinois: Fargo-Moorhead Acro Team
Feb. 22 vs. Michigan State: Mascot Basketball Game

Vey disappointed not to see the Red Panda anywhere,:( though Feb. 25/26 (vs. Indiana) the halftime entertainment is listed as TBD.

I don't recall the U honoring the 1972 team before - I'm glad they are doing that. It would be great if Winfield, Brewer, Behagen, Nix, etc. all showed up. I haven't seen these guys at a game in a while. Turner and Taylor have been around quite a bit so hopefully they come back as well for this event.

Go Gophers!!

Others SS missed

According to the email I just got from Gopher Sports, here are a couple of other half-time shows some people may find interesting/amusing:

Nov. 30 Quick Change
Feb. 14 Russian Bar Trio
Feb. 22 Mascot Basketball Game (LOL!)
Mar. 3 Alexandria Aces

Could 2012 be the Gophers' year to hang a banner? If they can keep the "every-15-years" thing going (since 1982). ...

1982: B1G Champs
1997: B1G Champs (at least in our memories)
2012: ???

Would prefer a regular-season championship, that one means more, but I'd take a B1G Tournament championship, too.

Just a thought, but to really get the joint jumping', get the 1972 team out on center court and have them do their pre game warm up routine. Have George juggling b-balls and pump "Keep the ball rolling" over the loud speakers. Clyde's Corner will be a rockin'!!!!

Red Panda and Quick Change alternate years. Been that way for a number of seasons.

Red Panda needs to be every season. It's time to put Quick Change out to pasture.

Red Panda needs to be every season. It's time to put Quick Change out to pasture.

I still enjoy them both. Quick Change is still good for me.

I might also add that Red Panda fumbled her bowls this past season at Williams Arena. I had never seen that before. She had to have a re-do. Still HIGHLY entertaining, however.

Yes, that was a rarity to see Red Panda "miss" last year. Glad the crowd encouraged her for a re-do.

Just a thought, but to really get the joint jumping', get the 1972 team out on center court and have them do their pre game warm up routine. Have George juggling b-balls and pump "Keep the ball rolling" over the loud speakers. Clyde's Corner will be a rockin'!!!!

And don't forget the giant gopher.

On second thought, I think it would be very interesting to honor the 1972 team during halftime of the game with Ohio State.

Red Panda > Quick Change.

Quick Change is kinda neat the first time you see it but that's it. Red Panda will never get old.

I don't know numbers, but I've heard that both of those are ridiculously expensive.

I can handle different opinions on basketball players and programs, but downplaying the greatness of Quick Change is outrageous!!

Red Panda is fine, even good. But, there are occasional misses and it's a skill learned by practicing over and over again.

Quick Change is mind-blowing for those who do not know how the illusion is pulled off. An illusion that is performed in 360 degree arenas, no less!

I think Red Panda has had different girls over the years.. Quick Change... I think* just the same two people? If the QC lady stops wearing the flashy dresses and starts rockin night gowns and church clothes I might change my tune, but for now I am AMPED for Quick Change. Next to that silly little clapping midget with the long tie and short sleeves on his little suit coat that Indiana has brought along the past few years, Quick Change should be the most entertaining thing to see besides the games this year at the Barn.

I do not want to see that weird Michael Jackson dolls dude. Still have nightmares about that performance.

I have a thing for Asian women, so that enters into the mix for me when I stack up the Red Panda vs. Quick Change.:)

halftime

The coolest part of Red Panda last year was watching Gus Johnson & Jim Jackson give each other high fives after she hit the finale on the 2nd go around.

My vote for best halftime show is dog relay races.

Still want to sneak a bunch of treats into the student section during the dog halftime.

^Hilarious. Get a whole row to bring in peanut butter and watch the pups go crazy.:D

Top Bottom