Not to pile on when I can add this to any thread but...

mngg11

Reaction score
How frigging often has this program under Fleck given up when down in games? Like it was the norm through many head coaches over many years? We don't always win them, but our players do not put their heads down and mope their way to a loss. The only time I can think we got hammered was PSU last year, and those circumstances were entirely related to it being AK in his first full game in a packed Happy Valley night game, so we hoped and dreamed we could win with 50 rushes and as few passes as possible. We've been pretty solid against the spread, and it's still so bizarre to me to see us stay in games and not quit when past trauma immediately tells my brain to give up because we're toast.

Win or loss, It's such a cool time to be a fan of this program.

I think it's absolutely an extension of PJ's personality that has brought this about. He's easy to mock, easy to pick on for his slogans and eccentricities, but his energy is absolutely contagious. I'd love to play for the guy.

It's the type of coach this program needs. Minnesota is not going to recruit with the best in the Big Ten, not anytime soon anyway. They need that little "extra" to get past that. I'm sure Nebraska had more talent on paper but the games aren't played on paper.

Top Bottom