Not sure if I agree with Deion Sanders on this one

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Do you fight, walk away, or encourage a breakup? More than likely some gray area here.

Do you fight, walk away, or encourage a breakup? More than likely some gray area here.

Although how he said it was a mile away from this, I think he might have been saying you never abandon the team. With that said, breaking up the fight is the only logical answer.

Coach Prime is apparently looking to play Alabama-style in a game this year

He'll restrain his son on the sideline and have him play the Collin Sexton role when they go 6 players both ways against USC.

Some players not sticking up for that "key teammate" fighting. Sounds like major discord amongst the players to me. The wheels in Boulder are falling off! 😜

By compounding it, you may cause people to get kicked out of a game. Why make it worse than it is? Why not try and defuse the situation?
I was joking.

Deion trying to be a tough guy. Yeah, that's what football at any level needs is a brief 1 v. 1 football "fight" turning into a massive facemask-grabbing, punching and wrestling bench-clearing brawl. Ridiculous and pathetic. Such a tough guy. His schtick has already worn thin.

I can remember a few years ago there was an incident almost at midfield at Huntington Field. The opponent did something, and a few Gophers stepped right in to let the guy know who was boss. The opponent was ejected. I just never know how the ref will respond in a situation like this.

Dion strikes me as the kind of guy who tells everyone to stay out of the fight… until the moment the guy he wants to win starts getting his butt kicked. …

I was listening to 93x this morning and they referenced this fight and I actually agree with them 100%. Deion is trying to build comradery or a brotherhood within the team. If a fight happened in a game and they all joined his answer would be 100% different.

So the gang fight culture is what Deion is instilling? I'm quite sure CU Admin would frown on this.

Even if it wasn't poor culture; do you want your guys using their energy and talents to fight or win football games.

Top Bottom