Not Giving Up

jmag21

Reaction score
Look, this is bad. It's probably going to be a rough year. But I've been shocked before. When Aaron Robinson, Brent Lawson, Vince Grier, and Jeff Hagen took us to the tourney under Monson, I was flabbergasted. I didn't think that group of players had it in them. I'm not willing to give up on this season and twiddle my thumbs until the Lynx come back. We've got plenty of young guys who will improve as they continue to gel. Again, we've only got two guys right now who have played more than one year in a U jersey. We'll get better, and we've got a ton of young guys with talent, who also seem like pretty good kids. Both Hollins kids seem like good guys with a lot of athletic talent, and I can't wait to see how we improve as the year goes on. There's nothing wrong with being realistic, and tempering expectations. But the worst thing the die-hard Gopher fans could do is to become apathetic, because it lets all of the non-hardcore fans think it's okay to stop caring, to stop coming to games, and to not even bother trying to be passionate at games. Now more than ever, this team needs the support of its fans, so I'd suggest we rally behind them.

jmag21 said:
Look, this is bad. It's probably going to be a rough year. But I've been shocked before. When Aaron Robinson, Brent Lawson, Vince Grier, and Jeff Hagen took us to the tourney under Monson, I was flabbergasted. I didn't think that group of players had it in them. I'm not willing to give up on this season and twiddle my thumbs until the Lynx come back. We've got plenty of young guys who will improve as they continue to gel. Again, we've only got two guys right now who have played more than one year in a U jersey. We'll get better, and we've got a ton of young guys with talent, who also seem like pretty good kids. Both Hollins kids seem like good guys with a lot of athletic talent, and I can't wait to see how we improve as the year goes on. There's nothing wrong with being realistic, and tempering expectations. But the worst thing the die-hard Gopher fans could do is to become apathetic, because it lets all of the non-hardcore fans think it's okay to stop caring, to stop coming to games, and to not even bother trying to be passionate at games. Now more than ever, this team needs the support of its fans, so I'd suggest we rally behind them.

+ 1 followed by so many 0's it wouldn't fit in one post.

Agreed. Tubby has made the tournament twice without Mbakwe, maybe he can do it again. This is a big blow to the team, but I will continue to watch all the games and cheer the Gophers on. I will not give up hope. SKI-U-MAH!

Top Bottom